Relegation

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s win at all costs for Liverpool though. Wouldn’t put it past him throwing any game if it helped serve his relationship with the club he supports. Remember this is the player who gave Chelsea a dodgy back pass to make sure United didn’t win the title, that’s the sort of pettiness he’s capable of.
Main difference is, he doesn't play anymore, so he'd have to hope a player would do that for him, if he's as dodgy as you're making out. And his job as RS capt wasn't on the line back then too- and defeats at Burnley, Liverpool and City would start giving Villa fans some (more?) doubt that he isn't that good a manager.

You could turn that around and say the same about Lampard when we played Chelsea.
Im no fan of the slippy one, but i doubt he would do this. His current employers wouldnt be happy with him if he didnt try to win games in order to help the rs either. I dont think the guy is Einstein in any way, but i doubt hes stupid enough to toss away point his current side needs.

I still think we’re going down tho. Lampard wasnt hiered soon enough. If he was brought in last autum, we’d be safe now.

Also, if anyone wants to throw a game, it tends to be the players they do a deal with. So i'd be more worried if Gerrard was playing centre-back for Villa, not watching

Seeing a fair degree of optimism on here and as much as I admire it, I can't logically understand why.

Worth pointing out that before the City game, Leeds were unbeaten in 5, having won 3 of them. Of the three teams in it, we are in the worst form.

We *can* stay up, it is possible, but Burnley and Leeds are both in better form than us and us staying up relies on us getting points away from home (Lampard has lost every one of his away games so far) as well as winning both home games, at least one of which won't be easy at all.

Again, we are the ones in the bottom 3. Not Burnley or Leeds. We are the ones who need to overtake them, when they're both in better form than us and to do that we need to string wins together which we've failed to do since the opening weeks of the season

I'm genuinely baffled why we aren't seen by the bookies as favourites to go down
Better games to play, plus game in hand. Leeds play Arsenal Chelsea next Burnley play Villa Spurs

Seeing a fair degree of optimism on here and as much as I admire it, I can't logically understand why.

Worth pointing out that before the City game, Leeds were unbeaten in 5, having won 3 of them. Of the three teams in it, we are in the worst form.

We *can* stay up, it is possible, but Burnley and Leeds are both in better form than us and us staying up relies on us getting points away from home (Lampard has lost every one of his away games so far) as well as winning both home games, at least one of which won't be easy at all.

Again, we are the ones in the bottom 3. Not Burnley or Leeds. We are the ones who need to overtake them, when they're both in better form than us and to do that we need to string wins together which we've failed to do since the opening weeks of the season

I'm genuinely baffled why we aren't seen by the bookies as favourites to go down
Well we all have a choice to be optimistic or pessimistic. It's completely up to the individual. You can talk about past form but also take fixtures into account. Considering our recent fixtures we've been in good form. Burnley have beaten some unmotivated teams. Leeds I can't really remember who they;ve beaten and CBA looking it up.

Personally I'm just choosing to be optimistic that we'll stay up (whilst realising we're in a bad position and have every chance of going down).

Some paranoid nonsense in this thread.

There is no conspiracy against us. We don't get preferential treatment, but neither do the vast majority of sides in this league.
Exactly. I bet there's the same types on Burnley/Leeds forums right now moaning that we'll know exactly what to do after they play earlier that day on the 15th.

Status
Not open for further replies.