Relegation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why can’t our fans be like that every game?! If they were we wouldn’t be in this mess!

As Tuchel said yesterday: we were like a twelfth man and any team in world football would have found it hard to get a result at Goodison.

Our fans have been brilliant for most of Frank’s home games actually, which is one of the reasons why our home form is excellent under Frank - in relative terms anyway. We have beaten the champions of Europe, beaten Man Utd and of course we were robbed of a point against the champions of England etc.
Inexplicably some people seem to think that abusing our own players will help them play better!

It’s madness because the big problem we have had this season has been a lack of quality, poor tactics (under Benitez at least) and a lack of confidence. Most players have given their absolute all.

Why can’t our fans be like that every game?! If they were we wouldn’t be in this mess!

As Tuchel said yesterday: we were like a twelfth man and any team in world football would have found it hard to get a result at Goodison.

Our fans have been brilliant for most of Frank’s home games actually, which is one of the reasons why our home form is excellent under Frank - in relative terms anyway. We have beaten the champions of Europe, beaten Man Utd and of course we were robbed of a point against the champions of England etc.
I listen to Lampard's interviews, and I'm certain he knows how to tap into the fanbase through his communication in those interviews.

It's the advantage of having him as manager. He effectively asked for the fans to come to games and really ramp up the support, and he's got it. A less knowledgeable manager, including Ancelotti, would not be able to draw the type of response we've been getting.

I listen to Lampard's interviews, and I'm certain he knows how to tap into the fanbase through his communication in those interviews.

It's the advantage of having him as manager. He effectively asked for the fans to come to games and really ramp up the support, and he's got it. A less knowledgeable manager, including Ancelotti, would not be able to draw the type of response we've been getting.
Agreed mate but our away support is arguably the best in the PL. No excuse for our away performances this season. ESCLA has been superb for decades

Yep I’d say that your away support is as good as any in the EPL from what I’ve seen. And whilst I’ve got no reason to like Lampard with him being from Chelsea - he is a very intelligent and articulate football man with a lot of belief in his own ability and a lot of courage to step in to the crap that FSW left you in.

From a fairly dispassionate point of view (as in Everton are not my first team) it is very clear to see how together the team now is and how hard they are now fighting for your cause. Where talent and confidence is lacking, effort and passion is very evident and Lamps has to take the credit for that. As I said before your support is so important to the outcome of your remaining matches you make the difference. You are as I said before cheering the Everton shirts and badge irrespective of whoever is privileged enough to be wearing them.

All the best for the run-in. Staying up will mean more to you that the RS winning whatever they end up winning. Fk em it’s all about you ??

Yep I’d say that your away support is as good as any in the EPL from what I’ve seen. And whilst I’ve got no reason to like Lampard with him being from Chelsea - he is a very intelligent and articulate football man with a lot of belief in his own ability and a lot of courage to step in to the crap that FSW left you in.

From a fairly dispassionate point of view (as in Everton are not my first team) it is very clear to see how together the team now is and how hard they are now fighting for your cause. Where talent and confidence is lacking, effort and passion is very evident and Lamps has to take the credit for that. As I said before your support is so important to the outcome of your remaining matches you make the difference. You are as I said before cheering the Everton shirts and badge irrespective of whoever is privileged enough to be wearing them.

All the best for the run-in. Staying up will mean more to you that the RS winning whatever they end up winning. Fk em it’s all about you ??
As posted previously, my nerves, heart and liver are banjaxed loving this Club

Not sure if anyone has mentioned concerns over Burnley playing Gerrard's Villa twice before the end of the season. Maybe I'm a cynic but, with not much left to play for, will Gerrard be complicit in Burnley picking up a couple of wins? I know Charlie Austin said he'd love us to get relegated but he's a rs fan, not a Scouser. Would Gerrard also love us to go down?

We won't be relegated...not now. Everton's hearts and minds are finally syncronised. We left it till the last minute, that meshing of transmission..but hey, supporting Everton has rarely been easy. I'm loving this latter season...it is the one we finally turn the corner out of Rip Van Winkle Ave.

Last edited:
Not sure if anyone has mentioned concerns over Burnley playing Gerrard's Villa twice before the end of the season. Maybe I'm a cynic but, with not much left to play for, will Gerrard be complicit in Burnley picking up a couple of wins? I know Charlie Austin said he'd love us to get relegated but he's a rs fan, not a Scouser. Would Gerrard also love us to go down?
Doubt it. It's his first season and his results have been very underwhelming, he needs to end at least in top of the midtable to save face. I'm pretty sure he isn't going to throw away games.

He can’t afford to his last 5 are Burnley twice City RS and I think palace, they arnt safe yet

Status
Not open for further replies.