Relegation

Status
Not open for further replies.
There’s absolutely zero chance that Villa led by Gerrard go and seriously take points off Liverpool at Anfield to derail their quadruple bid. Can you imagine the discussions going on before that game with the big heads at Liverpool ‘if you have any hope of ever being manager here one day then don’t dream of causing an upset here’.

It’s all about motivation. Im sure he won’t deliberately throw the game but equally I’m absolutely certain that he’s not going to be putting the same amount of effort into plotting Liverpool’s demise as he is City’s. Same with Coutinho.

It’s the same reason that Coady nods in against us and Cresswell scores a direct fee kick and Ings seems to look like a top player whenever they play us. It’s not that they don’t try in every game, but they try harder when it suits their kopite loyalties and Gerrard will be no different.
Possibly. But he wont want to go to Anfield and show what a duffer of a manager he is either. Bottom line on that is that in neither game against City or Liverpool will Villa be competitive enough to affect the outcome.

Constantly playing after the teams we are fighting with. Doesn’t half add to the pressure.
Only if those teams keep winning though, can swing both ways.

When we kick off the Brentford game we will still have three games, Leeds will only have one, so we will have a clear idea of what we need to do to finish above them. If I was a Leeds fan I’d think that was an unfair advantage to us tbh.

There’s absolutely zero chance that Villa led by Gerrard go and seriously take points off Liverpool at Anfield to derail their quadruple bid. Can you imagine the discussions going on before that game with the big heads at Liverpool ‘if you have any hope of ever being manager here one day then don’t dream of causing an upset here’.

It’s all about motivation. Im sure he won’t deliberately throw the game but equally I’m absolutely certain that he’s not going to be putting the same amount of effort into plotting Liverpool’s demise as he is City’s. Same with Coutinho.

It’s the same reason that Coady nods in against us and Cresswell scores a direct fee kick and Ings seems to look like a top player whenever they play us. It’s not that they don’t try in every game, but they try harder when it suits their kopite loyalties and Gerrard will be no different.
Tbf, Slippy gave a good account of himself at Anfield with Villa. Was only down to Salah's pathetic dive to get a pen that stopped them getting a 0-0

Possibly. But he wont want to go to Anfield and show what a duffer of a manager he is either. Bottom line on that is that in neither game against City or Liverpool will Villa be competitive enough to affect the outcome.
Yep. He went to Anfield a few months ago and was very competitive, moaned about favourable decisions they had, etc. And basically beating Liverpool and being a top manager is far more likely to get him the job of his dreams than fighting relegation every year.

Brentford play Southampton at the weekend. A draw would see both of them with enough points to stay up. I wonder if they will consider deliberately drawing with each other? A loss for either side could put them in danger.

Been thinking that Nathan Collins off Burnley was some 30 year old journeyman plodder. As if they've been having some kid from Ireland bailing them out

I expect f.a. for Leeds at Arsenal; but if Burnley dont get all 3 points against Villa at home I think they are in massive massive trouble.

That's as good as it gets for them now, and I'd like to see that caretaker manager under real pressure with games away to Spurs and then Villa to come.

I expect f.a. for Leeds at Arsenal; but if Burnley dont get all 3 points against Villa at home I think they are in massive massive trouble.

That's as good as it gets for them now, and I'd like to see that caretaker manager under real pressure with games away to Spurs and then Villa to come.
They'll have a decent chance of beating Newcastle at home. I reckon they've still got 6 points in them.

Status
Not open for further replies.