Relegation

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd make them favourites to lose both games but yes they could get something.

I don't really have faith in any one doing us a favour outside of the top 2. Everyone else is very beatable in this league, especially in May with teams desperate to survive. But the flip side is that we are also capable of getting a result in any of our remaining matches.

Doubt it. It's his first season and his results have been very underwhelming, he needs to end at least in top of the midtable to save face. I'm pretty sure he isn't going to throw away games.
I totally agree. If a big team is looking at him, they will want to see a manager who keeps going until the final whistle of the season. If he cannot do that, then he won't be on the rs long list for herr Flopp's replacement. He needs every point on his cv that he can get.

Just our luck that Leeds, Burnley, Brentford and Newcastle are suddenly all above Arsenal, Man Utd and Chelsea in the form table.

The other way to look at that is at least it’s out the way now.

We may only have the points we do against Newcastle United Leicester Chelsea because we absolutely had to get them given the situation at the time. Look what happened in the Burnley game the second we thought we were safe, the players just caved in once Kenny started messing up.

We could be in a position of having far lower points but being ahead of some of these teams going into the last 4 games. What if they’d have flicked the switch then and rattled off three wins in a row, we’d have been relegated.

As it is these teams have all motored in the last month but we’ve kept touch just about with some big wins of our own. Now the most likely outcome is they struggle to continue winning multiple games in a row as their form reverts a bit more to the norm (although no way of knowing)

In a weird way though I’m quite glad we’ve had Burnley and Leed’s new manager bounces. They’re probably now worrying what happens if we win a couple of games and they don’t keep winning.

Gerrard is self obsessed. He doesn't even give a flying one about Liveroool either. It's all PR.

There’s absolutely zero chance that Villa led by Gerrard go and seriously take points off Liverpool at Anfield to derail their quadruple bid. Can you imagine the discussions going on before that game with the big heads at Liverpool ‘if you have any hope of ever being manager here one day then don’t dream of causing an upset here’.

It’s all about motivation. Im sure he won’t deliberately throw the game but equally I’m absolutely certain that he’s not going to be putting the same amount of effort into plotting Liverpool’s demise as he is City’s. Same with Coutinho.

It’s the same reason that Coady nods in against us and Cresswell scores a direct fee kick and Ings seems to look like a top player whenever they play us. It’s not that they don’t try in every game, but they try harder when it suits their kopite loyalties and Gerrard will be no different.

Does that chelsea side of sunday get a result at leeds. They've had some very patchy results lately.
Is this Leeds side capable of playing in the same way that we did? I'm not sure.

On another day Chelsea might have beaten us 3-1, had Pickford not been in top form. So if Chelsea played like that at Elland Road I certainly don't think they would've lost. Chelsea probably would have won or maybe it would've been a draw.

There’s absolutely zero chance that Villa led by Gerrard go and seriously take points off Liverpool at Anfield to derail their quadruple bid. Can you imagine the discussions going on before that game with the big heads at Liverpool ‘if you have any hope of ever being manager here one day then don’t dream of causing an upset here’.

It’s all about motivation. Im sure he won’t deliberately throw the game but equally I’m absolutely certain that he’s not going to be putting the same amount of effort into plotting Liverpool’s demise as he is City’s. Same with Coutinho.

It’s the same reason that Coady nods in against us and Cresswell scores a direct fee kick and Ings seems to look like a top player whenever they play us. It’s not that they don’t try in every game, but they try harder when it suits their kopite loyalties and Gerrard will be no different.
Perfectly happy for Gerrard to try to ship the Liverpool game because in order to buy that luxury they need to go stuff Burnley at the weekend. They don’t yet have the luxury of taking two games off.

Realistically though other than rotate the squad a bit there’s little he can do to throw the Liverpool game: if he names a B team the media will be all over it, and he’s not going to overtly tell players not to try, dressing rooms leak and he’d be sacked before the game even kicks off.

Is this Leeds side capable of playing in the same way that we did? I'm not sure.

On another day Chelsea might have beaten us 3-1, had Pickford not been in top form. So if Chelsea played like that at Elland Road I certainly don't think they would've lost. Chelsea probably would have won or maybe it would've been a draw.

Tbf this is a leeds side that got 10 points from 15 before man city.
I agree though chelsea are very very capable of winning there. But they are not purring right now in terms of results.
Fingers crossed they want it.

Would take a draw in that game. I am more worried about them picking up 3 points in that game then against Brighton. We need to beat Leicester and make it back to back wins

Tbf this is a leeds side that got 10 points from 15 before man city.
I agree though chelsea are very very capable of winning there. But they are not purring right now in terms of results.
Fingers crossed they want it.
Leeds' points in that spell were against Norwich, Wolves, Soton, Watford, Palace.

I just don't think this Leeds team is capable of playing to keep things tight defensively. They've been playing the exact opposite way for years. I think Arsenal and Chelsea especially will create chances against them.

That's not to say I'm 100% confident they will lose both games - they played well for a while against City on Saturday.

Leeds' points in that spell were against Norwich, Wolves, Soton, Watford, Palace.

I just don't think this Leeds team is capable of playing to keep things tight defensively. They've been playing the exact opposite way for years. I think Arsenal and Chelsea especially will create chances against them.

That's not to say I'm 100% confident they will lose both games - they played well for a while against City on Saturday.

Flip side of this is that they were v tight defensively in the game I watched them in at Palace - the same Palace who obliterated us a few weeks earlier

Status
Not open for further replies.