Media relishing Everton’s demise

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toffeeslam

Player Valuation: £35m
Reading some articles over the last few days I get the impression that the football meadow fraternity are really hoping for our relegation.

I knew there lots of kopites infesting the media but this seems much more than usual almost belittling the club.

Question what have we ever done to get this much hostility?

Reading some articles over the last few days I get the impression that the football meadow fraternity are really hoping for our relegation.

I knew there lots of kopites infesting the media but this seems much more than usual almost belittling the club.

We have behaved with dignity. We have not got every English club banned from Europe. We have welcomed foreign teams to Goodison and befriended them - Bayern in 85 an example. We have behaved on our travels abroad....however that shower has somehow managed to get the media to wipe its memory of all their atrocious behaviour over the years.

In 1989 I cried for the 92 - literally. It was a tragedy. Meanwhile Heysel seems to be forgotten.

But I agree - I don't get how we are treated so badly by media and officials

Super league perhaps? We seem to be party poopers?

We were one of the original Big 5 who instigated the Premier League but sat on our laurels while others progresses. After years of being let down by the amateurs on the board, we finally got some ambition to try break the Sky cartel and get back to the top, and it’s all gone tits up.

We should know our place basically.

I can see a BBC 2 documentary in the offing.

"Everton: How not to run a football club".

Plenty of room for football finance experts and broadsheet hacks to dwell on.

Has scope for a whole series but I'm sure they can fit the salient points in over an hour at 9pm on a Tuesday night.

It's been there for a good while as far as I'm concerned. The second club in a provincial city trying to hang on to their neighbour's coat tails and failing dismally.
They've disliked our cheek of calling out refereeing in particular but also other perceived whinges.
Now we're fair game for every hack to kick us while we're down, but not yet out.
If we do slip down then you'll see any pretence of neutrality slip away from the media and it'll be like vultures on a carcase, where every ill informed commentator will say they've see it coming for ten years and more.
We should not forget what's gone on for the day when we do return to some semblance of success.

Much as I hate seeing it, our actions by being one of the biggest spenders over the last few years in British football have brought this on, coupled with how we go through managers at a rate of 1 per season.

If this were another club I'd be laughing at the thought of them going down.

Sadly over recent years, or at least since Moyes/Martinez left this is far from the Everton I've loved and supported since birth.

The board and their inane actions over time have tarnished us badly, we did used to be well like by a lot of other clubs fans.

It’s a great story really for those not invested. That’s why.

There will be no real analysis of the underlying problems in football. It’s just a funny relegation.

it sucks for us , but let's be real, if another club had blown this mush cash, changed manager every week, appointed a rivals legendary manager, got worse every season , paid a record fee for Mr. Allegedly, and was now in a relegation fight , all while their rivals got better and better

we'd all be laughing our heads off ,

and top it off we are , still, a big club who don't usually go down , perfect media storm

On talk Sh&£e now do you want Everton to go down and do you think it will be funny if they do?

WTF sort of subject is that to talk about
Stop listening to it. They talk actual drivel. Their 'taking opposite stances' approach is so childish and transparent that it's actually embarrassing. (Assuming they still do that because I stopped listening to them years ago)

I quietly left a gaming discord group after being active for about 5 years. I thought they were my friends and got along well, but someone said something and it rubbed me the wrong way and I left. It’s been a week and no one has even noticed or cared.

I think Everton is more or less the same. We probably think the rest of the premier league will miss us given we are one of the original teams, but they secretly want us gone. Would we want Man United or Liverpool or Chelsea relegated? Hell Yes.

We’ve also never been that entertaining since I started watching them in 1995. We’re honestly a waste of space trying to pretend we’re an important club. These days you gain media interest either by spending money well, playing good football or winning games, we don’t do any of it!

Most do, I'm sure, I've heard and seen a lot of people across social media saying they would have no sympathy for Moshiri and after the way he has ran the club we actually deserve it.
If you take a step back and look at it from a none EFC fan view it's hard to disagree.
A lot of my friends who don't support Everton have said for friends they no personally they would be gutted but not sad to see this current club go

Reactions: Han
Most do, I'm sure, I've heard and seen a lot of people across social media saying they would have no sympathy for Moshiri and after the way he has ran the club we actually deserve it.
If you take a step back and look at it from a none EFC fan view it's hard to disagree.
A lot of my friends who don't support Everton have said for friends they no personally they would be gutted but not sad to see this current club go
That's the crux of it. We have squandered obscene amounts of money and have become a hire-and-fire club. It's certainly not the Everton of even 10 years ago.

Stop listening to it. They talk actual drivel. Their 'taking opposite stances' approach is so childish and transparent that it's actually embarrassing. (Assuming they still do that because I stopped listening to them years ago)
There was one on yesterday saying Newcastle should come in for Pickford and Gordon, it was obvious to wind up Geordies and needless to say the phone lines went mad

Status
Not open for further replies.