The Americans are coming

Status
Not open for further replies.
How many US owners have made a success of things?

Ellis Short? No
Randy Lerner? No
Fulham Owner? No
Hicks and Gillett? No
FSG? lucked out on Klopp and were being hounded by their fans beforehand over a lack of investment
Glazers? No
Kroenke? No
Burnleys Owners? No

American owners would be the end of us as we'll be nothing but an asset to bleed.

Sunderland fans were made up when Ellis Short sold up (was similiar to Moshiri in spending big but making wrong decisions) and now they have owners unwilling to invest who they absolutely hate (Madrox).

People think the grass is always greener and often it isnt.

If Moshiri is to go then we need an owner willing to bankroll us not some Capitalist Yank opportunists looking for a quick buck.

Short cut his losses at Sunderland. Lost a fortune.

Moshiri won't want to prop up Everton by himself in the Championship. It makes the club open to offers and it would appear our good friends across the pond are up for a bit of self flagellation.

What could possibly go wrong.
giphy.gif

The figure of 350m quoted is co-incidentally rather close to the funds needed to finish BMD.

Could it be the case that we end up de facto tenants in a built out BMD? Pretty common in US stadia..

I've suggested in a couple of posts that Everton FC being tenants might be how this whole sorry mess ends. Might have been the plan all along. And to think, we could have been in the King's Dock for £30 million 20 years ago. Thanks, Bill Kenwright.

I've suggested in a couple of posts that Everton FC being tenants might be how this whole sorry mess ends. Might have been the plan all along. And to think, we could have been in the King's Dock for £30 million 20 years ago. Thanks, Bill Kenwright.
30m 20 years ago wasnt as easy to find as you think, back then football had a fraction of the money involved as it has now, anyway staying at Goodison hasnt killed us, we were fine and regular got into Europe

Yes, it’s really damaged the RS

Wasn't thier first move to appoint Roy Hodgeson followed by King Kenny. Then we have the Super League thing.

I think Klopp is the brains their rather than canny ownership.

Kronke, Glazers etc - sweating clubs hard and leveraging with very little inward investment and we make less than those clubs, putting a firm glass ceiling there for us in the event of a take over if new owners followed that pathway. Burnley also have an American owner. Swansea tanked as well.

Make no mistake, we are utterly dependent on third party investment at this stage and changing that will be a painful process.

It’s hilarious that so many have endlessly called our management incompetent, unprofessional, ditherers, etc etc, and now “some Americans” might get involved, that’s not acceptable either. Just what do our fans want ffs?

It’s hilarious that so many have endlessly called our management incompetent, unprofessional, ditherers, etc etc, and now “some Americans” might get involved, that’s not acceptable either. Just what do our fans want ffs?

Not everything has to be all or noting thinking mate, a takeover can be bad thing, it can be worse, the context will be important if indeed this is true.

Personally im not bothered, about throwing money - the type of money Moshiri threw at it - i dont thik its necessary, i dont believe its vital to success. Though its important to say the club is utterly dependent on it, at this stage.

Ideally if we weren't dependent on third party investment. Id like to go back to how we were under Moyes, a mecca, for hungry players, with loads of head room for development and an attractive club for young players - id like us to have a model like Leicester or Spurs, were the next set of great players are identified and invested in and give them the platform. Id like to be in the position like the RS - where we could spend money on someone like Dias if we needed to, but also invest in a Harvey Ellliot or Carvalho. While the business wasnt hemerging money and making 100's of millions of losses. I dont think that is impossible.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.