Referees v Everton

Status
Not open for further replies.
They say decisions even themselves out over the course of a season.

I'm expecting at least 40 penalties between now and the end of the season to pick up from these cowards trying to relegate us.

Isn’t it right that no team benefitted more from VAR than Everton last season?

3 match ban for that lol

Didn't Sons red card get rescinded and changed to a yellow, after breaking Gomes ankle?? Yet that tackle last night is deemed worse?

Yeah sure
My immediate thought.

Son got elbowed by Gomes, complained to Atkinson and then in the next 2 minutes proceeded to try and kick Iwobi before hunting down Gomes from behind in a tackle that was far more dangerous in every respect than was that of Allan on Saint-Maximin.

It's the lack of consistency/transparency that naturally leads to feelings of doubt.

View attachment 159484
It is a very soft red.

But they will freeze the frame and for a split second Allan has both feet off the ground.
They wont overturn this.
when people run, both feet are often off the ground, try doing that with any tackle and there will be a point when both feet are off the ground. Depends what narrative one wants to take. No way on earth is a RS midfielder getting sent off for that challenge.

Been saying this to anyone who'll listen for years. If incompetence were unique to the British game there'd have to be reasons sought and the FA etc would make a big deal out of training and improvement. They don't. Also incompetence levels out over time as the teamd will receive good calls bad calls in equal measure - we all know that doesn't happen.

So if we rule out incompetence it leaves only one or two possibilities - corruption - ie are we one of the few teams not buying off referees? Or scripting - how good is it to manufacture excitement and sales to enhance the sky armchair package and have a big team skirting with danger?

Scripting 100% in my view, which is why I pay no interest any more in the league or who wins it - just whats happening to my club. I don't even follow the England team anymore. Its killed my passion for what once was a sport. I wonder how many others feel the same.
I was going going to type along these lines.

The top of the table has been between one of two sides all season long, we know the title is either going to the RS or Oil FC. If we were in charge of the Premier League, what a great/different story if a stalwart of the top flight was to go down, great for the Championship too. Its only lil' old Everton, they're expendable.

Image of that lunge by Tarkowski on Richarlison and not even getting a free kick won't go away. And that's not dangerous play?

Was a disgusting tackle that as well.

I really don’t want to go down the road of conspiracies here but you could make a full highlight reel from this season alone of horrendous decisions against us. Maybe we should send them a copy. Moyes did similar when he felt Andy Johnson was getting shafted out of pens.

The club needs to take some sort of action because it’s happening far too frequently.

Actually sick of it now, could almost put up with the weekly incompetence of these clowns if their errors were not so one sided,Shelveys "challenge" on Gordon at their gaff went unpunished,Allan gets red carded for one not nearly as bad, all these "decisions" this season which have gone against us,I just ask myself would they happen across Stanley Park?like hell they would.

Status
Not open for further replies.