Relegation

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is delusional. DCL’s value has plummeted and Mina is more or less unsellable. Richarlison, Pickford and Gray would command fees, but would need replacing.

Gordon is the undoubted star and we should try and keep him, but I doubt we could.

Relegation will be a massive massive shock. We will end up with all the hangers on we have unable to dispatch. We would immediately run onto Championship ffp rules, and will face a 20 point deduction.

We are in existential danger.

yep it’s the end of the club if we go WHY aren’t people getting it into they’re thick skull

City definitely were a big club. Not as big as they are now but they've always been big.

As big as Chelsea were or even Forrest. They were an established name, won a goblet way back when but yo-yo'd between 1st and 2nd division. They were in league 2 back in 99 ffs.

Leeds and Villa historically been bigger than City.

For someone with such a history of bizarre posts, you’ve only flippin’ well gone and excelled yourself with this one! Give up on the league, when in reality we aren’t winning the cup anyway???
If we go down it’s an unmitigated financial disaster for the club, and a large proportion of the blame will be on your man from Caldy! But in your mind it’s ok cos’ you’ll get your day in the sun at Wembley - bizarre!

Shameful lack of faith that lad

norwich = well run

we go we don’t come back let it sink in
Norwich are not well run otherwise they wouldn’t be getting relegated every season.

however they are a club built for being a yo-yo club And it’s sustainable for them.

us? it would be a complete disaster, we are already leaking hundreds of millions of pounds a year. it would be a complete financial disaster. We are so close to being a sunderland it scares the hell out of me.

I'm fed up hearing how we can't throw young players into a difficult situation.

Well the reality is that our senior players are playing with fear or they don't care enough. If we persist with them, then I think the result is inevitable.

Although I'm not totally convinced it is fear that's the problem. I just genuinely believe they don't care what happens. Some of them know they will just sit on their huge contracts - they don't care about the club's finances if we go down. Others see this as an opportunity to get out of the club, and on their terms. The cynic in me thinks there are 2 or 3 who already have their heads at another club.

Look at Arteta and the young players he starts.

He's stuck with them through a tough period and now they're flying. None of them care who the opposition is, they all play without fear they just go out run then themselves into the ground and do anything they can to win the game.

Now I know we might not have the quality like Saka, Smith-Rowe and Martinelli, but surely Dobbin could offer something different to Richy and his terrible Mirallas impression.

Or I'm sure Onyango could do more in our midfield than some of what we've seen so far.

The only game we will win will be home to Brentford. And after the game these shithouses will do the end of season walk around the stadium without a care or ounce of respect for anyone.

I don't think they don't care tbh I just believe they're zapped of confidence and have absolutely no belief. They're also nowhere near as good as they think they are.

Make no mistake, there will be a lot of embarrassment amongst everyone associated with this team if we go down.

I heard a story from an ex player not too long ago that has made me ponder our problem. It was in relation to an un-named arsenal player who Wenger wanted to sign. They knew the player had an issue that limited their career so arsenal bought him, got the best out of him and sold him before his issue came to light. The player then retired by about 30 and never played as much as they did under wenger again.

Makes me wonder if our transfer policy has been signing lame horses through agents and the rest. They are capable but lack the footballing brain that even teams like Brighton have in their team. Have we just bought a collection of players who had injury issues to come so the selling team got rid, and players who lack the footballing brain which is why they lack the cohesion to play away from home and collapse under pressure. If we have then the influence of agents is far bigger than it would appear because it seems impossible to sign as many players we have done and not have a functioning team at the end of it to at least earn a draw every now and again.

Status
Not open for further replies.