Relegation

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is what happens when we’re relegated and players have no clauses. You
a) keep paying £100k a week, further crippling the club
b) accept 50% below market value as its almost a toxic debt
I found myself losing my [Poor language removed] today during and after game. But it is still in our hands. Watford got hammered by Wolves onThursdat then won today. We’ve just got to move on and get a result. I know it’s tough for everyone. I don’t know what else to say mate.

Kenwright treats this like some production and is all sentimental. Loves to wax and wane about being a blue. This is a business and we need cutthroats.

The dude wanted Vitor Pereira to be the man to take Everton forward. We can expect more of this unless Farhad either has a come to Jesus moment or sells.
Joorabchian that was mate. Vitor was hired by Corinthians recently. Another club Joorabchian has connections to. If this strategic review that we're supposedly doing doesn't lead to us cutting our ties with Joorabchian then we'll never be out of trouble.

To be honest lads more chance of me being allowed to stay on this forum than us staying up as I’m now on my final warning for swearing about how [Poor language removed] we are, just hope I don’t get a perma ban! Thanks Everton ?

December killed us. 1st December - We lost our 6th game in 7, a home hammering v Liverpool. The Kopites singing our managers name. He absolutely needed sacking that night - failure to do it led to a disastrous chain of events:

- Brands being sacked. What club sacks a DoF mid season, just before a transfer window?
- The decision to sell Digne. Ludicrously dropped this month.
- Decision to bring In Mykolenko. An awful player
- Decision to sign Patterson. Completely untried at this level.
- The complete lack of a back up plan if Benitez ended up sacked. Ultimately leading to a new manager only being installed on deadline day.

We were relegated in December.

ha ha ha ha WE WOULDNT

football abyss we would be
We would get £60 million alone selling the pair of DCL & Mina then you have Richarlison, Pickford, Gray, Gordon etc. And the likes of James, Digne, Sigurdsson, Delph, Tosun, Kenny all off the books with likely a few cowards like Gomes and Iwobi.

We would romp back up in our 1st season as well - even kin Holgate looked like Maldini in the Championship for WBA.
This is delusional. DCL’s value has plummeted and Mina is more or less unsellable. Richarlison, Pickford and Gray would command fees, but would need replacing.

Gordon is the undoubted star and we should try and keep him, but I doubt we could.

Relegation will be a massive massive shock. We will end up with all the hangers on we have unable to dispatch. We would immediately run onto Championship ffp rules, and will face a 20 point deduction.

We are in existential danger.

I'm not pulling any cords,just yet.
But unfortunately I can't see any corners being turned any time soon.
Neither can I.

However - and without wanting to sound too wishful thinking - football tends generally not to work its way out in reality the way it does on paper in terms of past form.

There's 12 games left for us (less for those below us) to do something about this and get some inspiration from somewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.