Relegation

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, I wouldn't.

But we have games and points to play for, and more of them than those below us.

We are in desperate trouble, but I wont pull the rip cord just yet.

Three points on Thursday and the situation is transformed.

Newcastle will just come and park the bus and try and nick one on the break mate, it will be up to us to try and break them down and after today's toothless display attacking wise that's worrying.

That's harder than a question in the University Challenge Grand Final mate.
So your "faith" in us staying hope is nothing more than a bit of hope and blind faith....

8 points from the last 57 available/9 from the last 60 available that isnt turned around overnight.
Outside the bottom 3 on goal difference with Watford, Leeds, Brentford picking up points.
Newcastle next, this is bigger now, this is a must win.
In our final 12 games we have West Ham (A), Man Utd (H), Liverpool (A), Chelsea (H), Leicester City (H) & (A), Arsenal (A) so scrub them off.
Also included is Burnley away and Watford away so we cant get anything from them
I see winnable games as Newcastle (arguably), Palace (H) & Brentford (H) - Even if we win all 3 it would only give us 31 points which wouldn`t be enough

PPG before Frank - 24 games 19 points = 0.79
PPG after Frank - 6 games 3 points = 0.50
PPG needed to stay up - 34 points = 1.00/40 points = 1.5

We`ve never been ahead of the run rate to stay up all bar the 1st 5/6 games of the season. We just don`t have enough in this team, these cowards are gutless, we have no creativity and they really don`t mind conceding goals, what an absolute mess. We are definitely going down....

Cant see anything else, a PPG of 1.00 we will need 4 wins, where is that coming from?!? No-one can say because it isnt going to happen....

1647198604633.png

------------------Pickford-------------------

Patterson----Keane------Godfrey----Mykolenko

------------Allan-------Doucoure-------------

Gordon---------Richy--------------El Ghazi

-----------------Rondon-------------------------
Pickford

Paterson Holgate Keane Godfrey

Allan doucoure

Gordon dele richarlison

Rondon

That’s the side I’d go with on Thursday. I think we need more of a goal threat from midfield which dele is the only one we have who could provide that. I wouldn’t be adverse in grey starting over Gordon either - who looks a bit like he is running on fumes after the efforts he has been putting in.

I still feel Iwobi was unlucky to lose his place and is a better option off the bench than Townsend

The mad thing is we have a bloated squad with options(granted average) up top and out wide but that defence…it’s desperate.

Newcastle will just come and park the bus and try and nick one on the break mate, it will be up to us to try and break them down and after today's toothless display attacking wise that's worrying.
That shower couldn't break down a cardboard box. I fully expect Newcastle to beat us. They will come with far more confidence and just pick us off.

Watch Watford, they’re dreadful, watch Leeds, they’ve been in free fall, and Burnley? Urrrggghh…
only need to beat one of those to stay up really
look at the games in hand, three of them!
that’s the game changer
How many points do we get from losing games in hand, if we play those games in hand and lose them can we stay up????

Get off the crack mate

Just forget the games in hand, we have won 1 in 18 games why would we now win 4 or 5 in 12??? NEWS FLASH we still have the exact same players!

Forget games in hand they only mean something if you get anything from them.....

What really gets my goat is that with 20 games to go everyone was like "Yeah we`ll be sound we got games in hand" 8 games later we are as close to the relegation zone you can actually get without being in it yet people are still peddling the same line. It is idiotic, we arent OK just because we have games in hand but we are going down because other teams can get points and WE CAN NOT!!!!

That shower couldn't break down a cardboard box. I fully expect Newcastle to beat us. They will come with far more confidence and just pick us off.
Telling you now, Newcastle will overwhelm our midfield if same system is played and will just out battle us in 50/50 situations, they will leave a solid back line to sweep up our desperate long balls when we gain possession, rinse and repeat for 90 minutes

We thoroughly deserve to be relegated.
30odd years of bad stewardship have brought us to this point.
We have spent too long hanging on as a mid table club because inevitably your luck runs out.
That’s the thing. And the board have been satisfied with that.

But ‘You’ve had good times’, as we are told.

Status
Not open for further replies.