2021/22 Michael Keane

Status
Not open for further replies.
There was a feel of David Unsworth getting hauled off v Arsenal there.

Also a feel that this might have called time on Keane’s Everton career. He’s a good man and his downfall seems to be fragility under pressure rather than application so I won’t besmirch his name, it just hasn’t worked out. Lampard might be the first manager to really see this.

Can't keep giving the guy chances.

If we're gonna be defending deep or play with 3 CBs then throw him in but can't give him any responsibility.

He can at times appear to be a very good CB but prone to blunders and the right mentality isn't there.

Best for both player and club if we look to move him on.

Keeley, Alcaraz, Williams, Short to name 4

Keeley played about 1 game, the other two were better than Keane.

I mean Keeley played one game unfit.

Alcaraz was bad but not this bad.

Williams was basically Coleman

Blows my mind that we have just 2 injuries and our back 4 is Kenny, Coleman, Holgate and Keane.

Four players that we all knew in the summer needed punting.

Blows my mind even more that we wasted a loan spot on El fecking Ghazi.

Thats why ive been going mad saying Benitez should have moved players on in the summer but neglected to do so.

im confident Lampard will go full apocalypse now on the squad in the summer.

With Godfrey fit we should be playing Patterson, Godfrey, Branthwaite and Mykolenko.

You have to go with the energy of youth over experience of failure.

Cannot build a side with either him or Holgate in the side. Pair of liabilities.

Keane having his worst season yet and that takes some doing.

We played brilliant up to the goal .. then it's like everyone is just "ah what's the point trying with that paper doll Bambi as our best CB"
Yeah I totally agree. The players ahead of the defence cant play freely with him and Coleman behind them...its pointless.

His mentality spreads like a poison through the squad.

You cannot have someone so passive and timid as the leader of your defence.

Regardless of his talent, he is the epicentre of why this team is so poor when they're up against.

He has to be dropped.

Branthwaite and Godfrey are the pair moving forward until Mina comes back for his obligatory game and a half.

Has to be Branthwaite and Godfrey.

Has to be Patterson and Mykolenko.

If anything it means the dropped 4 need to push these younger lads in training to improve.

Status
Not open for further replies.