2021/22 Michael Keane

Status
Not open for further replies.
What virus lingers around a professional athlete’s body for weeks?

Could be an open and honest admission that Keane has been suffering from a mental illness relapse the last few weeks, it's been said in the past he struggles with this aspect of his health. "IF" this is the case, it's nice to see it recognised as an illness and injury but at the same time he should be nowhere near our side and that's poor from our management to put him in.

Again, just a big "if".

Could be an open and honest admission that Keane has been suffering from a mental illness relapse the last few weeks, it's been said in the past he struggles with this aspect of his health. "IF" this is the case, it's nice to see it recognised as an illness and injury but at the same time he should be nowhere near our side and that's poor from our management to put him in.

Again, just a big "if".

Well I don’t want to sound callous here, but if he is that mentally fragile then he shouldn’t be a professional footballer. Certainly I would look to sell him at the first opportunity in the summer because we can’t carry a player that consistently crumbles mentally. I want us to bring in the right personalities and that means determination and a will to win.

Well I don’t want to sound callous here, but if he is that mentally fragile then he shouldn’t be a professional footballer. Certainly I would look to sell him at the first opportunity in the summer because we can’t carry a player that crumbles mentally. I want us to bring in the right personalities and that means determination and a will to win.

Well, there's plenty of cases of sportspeople getting help for the mental illnesses and bouncing back, Ben Stokes in cricket is a great example currently, however I agree that he shouldn't be a professional footballer but that's because he's simply horrendous, the worst centre back I have ever seen in an Everton shirt, in fact struggling to remember a worse one full stop, makes Phil Babb look like Rio Ferdinand.

If being criticised for bad performances affects his mental health that much then I'm afraid he needs to find a new profession for himself. Professional footballer, in the most watched league in the world also, is no place for a person who can sink very low when people get angry at them.

If he never plays for Everton again I think we'll all be happy, especially him in the long-term.

Status
Not open for further replies.