Club Statement

Status
Not open for further replies.
No mate. Sorry. For a number of reasons that possibility isn't available.

This club overnight is a toxic brand; it has hundreds of millions of debt about to fall on it as key figures will depart the scene; we have a delapidated stadium and we need a new owner to come in and - over and above clearing our debts - lay out another £600M-£700M on a new stadium; and we have a playing squad not fit for purpose lying near the foot of the table.

A "10 billion plus investor" is having nothing to do with a car crash like that, because people who make £10B plus didn't get £10B plus by making decisions like that.

Everton FC will be the biggest cultural victim of the Ukraine War. Make no mistake about that.
Quite hyperbolic that Dave. I usually agree with your takes on a lot of things but there's things in there you mention as apparent massive issues that are easily changed. Playing squad for example can be changed in 3 or 4 windows to be a top 6 side with the right investment and recruitment.

We had the investment before but Moshiri hired the wrong people, interfered himself and let his mate Kia go to town. Imagine that again with competent ownership.

The club itself is prob worth about 500-700m max, we make around 170m in revenue a season (last i checked) and we have no (or very little) actual debt. IMO that's an attractive proposition for an investor. A savvy billionaire comes in and gets his money back in 10 years and increases the value of his investment massively through good transfer deals, good sponsorship deals, competent board members and a new stadium. Good investments are long term not short term

We are in a bad position because of Moshiri and people like Kenwright hanging around like a bad smell. It's not because we are unfixable or because of some external force that's comes along with the sale of the club. Wholesale changes under new ownership could easily and quickly change our fortunes.

I'd say even in a worst case scenario if we did go down this season we're still an attractive proposition to investors. Take the emotion out and look at it objectively.

Anyways its all a moot point as Moshiri has just severed business ties with Usmanov. Who knows how we're getting cash injected now esp with the loss of sponsorship deals. Hopefully he asks another billionaire mate to come on board 50/50 with him or something.

so he’s made millions by making poor people pay for things they need?
No, he starved them by not paying them what they were owed in wages and then said he can loan them some money if they give up all their shares to him. And then they can pay back the loans when he paid them what he owed. He's a f'ing crook and a symbol of everything that is wrong with that part of the world. It was legalised mob rule. As I said in the previous post, he should never have been allowed anywhere near this country - football is almost a distraction. The fact he's being chased now is just chickens coming home to roost.

No, he starved them by not paying them what they were owed in wages and then said he can loan them some money if they give up all their shares to him. And then they can pay back the loans when he paid them what he owed. He's a f'ing crook and a symbol of everything that is wrong with that part of the world. It was legalised mob rule. As I said in the previous post, he should never have been allowed anywhere near this country - football is almost a distraction. The fact he's being chased now is just chickens coming home to roost.

i never knew that mate just thought he was a businessman

Everton FC will be the biggest cultural victim of the Ukraine War. Make no mistake about that.

shocked-surprised.gif

There were enough warnings signs over Moshiri and Usmanov for Bill to have known he shouldn't have been jumping into bed with them. You only have to look at how hard the Arsenal board fought to stop Usmanov taking over their club.
It’s quite possible there were warning signs, but this part is irrelevant.

I like @davek , he genuinely believes that the Berlin wall was erected to stop West Berliners from escaping into the East.
Free of nazis and everyone got the same standard of living. How could that have been bettered by West Germany with its companies owned by former SS officers and its streets blighted by terrorist campaigns?

I'd have loved to have lived there in East Germany. I'd have worn my red pioneer bandana with pride as a kid in prepeatration of a life working for the greater good.

There's a lot of Germans who have Ostalgie, and I'm not surprised.

Last edited:
Free of nazis and everyone got the same standard of living. How could that have been bettered by West Germany with its companies owned by former SS officers and its streets blighted by terrorist campaigns?

I'd have loved to have lived there in East Germany. I'd have worn my red pioneer bandana with pride as a kid in prepeatration of a life working for the greater good.

The Stasi - A great bunch of lads.

And with this statement, it was confirmed, Dave was indeed just a troll

Fair enough.

It's a ludicrous figure whoever suggested it. Abramovich apparently wants £3bn and they are european champions. The figure to buy Everton would be more like a quarter of that, and maybe far less than even that

Haha mad numbers. Chelsea are only at that figure because they're one of the biggest commercial club's in the world. United was sold to the Glazers for nearly a billion so adjust for inflation, it's probably right.

We're in the £300mill max bracket. Probably less if said buyer has to fund the rest of a stadium.

Personally think Mosh sells some of his stake to another wealthy investor.

Status
Not open for further replies.