Club Statement

Status
Not open for further replies.
Or a panic move. He probably needs to be out of the UK quickly. Very quickly.

Property wise? Most likely. But there was never a chance in hell that the Government would seize a footie club and freeze it. I suggest conversations have been had in the shadows.

Does Bill ultimately be blamed for this chaos we find ourselves in?
In his haste to find a financial backer was he a bit too hasty in selecting someone he must have known had associates who were Russian and everything that it brings?
I don't think so - its rewriting of history if so, its like saying because you can't be associated with Russians now you never should've done. There'll be plenty of deals being made in the UK with people and businesses who will one day be undesirable. I don't think people should be expected to predict the future - Russia was part of the world economy until the other day.

"we have always been at war with eastasia"

Difficult one as I agree but Chelsea the football club, players, fans and staff shouldnt be punished
Collateral damage. Chelsea are owned by an oligarch billionaire whose money was made at the expense of normal Russian people. This scenario has been 20 years in the making.

There can be no doubt that Farhad covered this with Usmanov before na announcment was made.

As for Chelsea, Abramovich wants this sale quickly and the money paid into a bank not covered by sanctions. He was afraid of the government taking Chelsea as it was an oligarchs asset.

I don't think so - its rewriting of history if so, its like saying because you can't be associated with Russians now you never should've done. There'll be plenty of deals being made in the UK with people and businesses who will one day be undesirable. I don't think people should be expected to predict the future - Russia was part of the world economy until the other day.

"we have always been at war with eastasia"

There were enough warnings signs over Moshiri and Usmanov for Bill to have known he shouldn't have been jumping into bed with them. You only have to look at how hard the Arsenal board fought to stop Usmanov taking over their club.

Trouble is, whilst this is all primarily being done to slap Russia back in line, it has also taken on a secondary importance as a warning to China.

Rowing back the instant Russia starts showing any contrition isn't going to strike the right note
I agree, he cannot be seen to be making a gain out of this. I meant he will be finished from inside. I think the sanctions have been the most comprehensive and widespread ever seen, people inside Russia will oust him, whether that be a people's uprising or an internal political coup d'etat

Status
Not open for further replies.