2021/22 Michael Keane

Status
Not open for further replies.

…boots nailed to the ground is a regular descriptor I use for him. A top level CB is on his toes & deals with that easily, the deflection happened 10 yards away.

We lost 1-0 he let down all the hard work.
The amount of own goals and so called 'unfortunate' ricochets off him are no coincidence. They happen to him more than any other CB in the league. He's just very dumb and has a habit of standing in the wrong place.

I bet he actually walks and literally bumps into people several times a day just around the training ground.

…no he hasn’t. Any ordinary top flight CB of the 1970s would’ve dealt with that ball. For some reason, folk think modern day footballers are superior. I just think they’re lucky.

John Hurst was our CB in the 1970s, he was top drawer & didn’t get an England cap. I guarantee, Keane wasn’t fit to lace Hurst’s boots yet he has a drawer full of England caps and is a multi-millionaire.
Spot on, Mr Reliable

Just now on SSN, MK is apparently 2nd in “interceptions” this season lol
Stats eh?

Not really what you want from a CB is it?! Normally that's a CDMs stat. Who is top? Ndidi or something?

Tells me he is vacating his position to try and win the ball... wonder how many times he doesn't intercept it and leaves himself and his team mates in a trouble.

Actually don't need the stats to tell me he is prone to vacating his position. See it every game

Needs replacing next season but we absolutely NEED him to be on his game for the rest of this one, so can’t for the life of me understand what people giving him grief online (certainly those on twitter tagging him in) think they are doing.

Needs replacing next season but we absolutely NEED him to be on his game for the rest of this one, so can’t for the life of me understand what people giving him grief online (certainly those on twitter tagging him in) think they are doing.
Hate the way they feel they have the need to tag them when commentating on Twitter or Instagram, I've confronted a few over it, can't do players confidence any good, the same people would probably run away if a player they tagged confronted them

Not really what you want from a CB is it?! Normally that's a CDMs stat. Who is top? Ndidi or something?

Tells me he is vacating his position to try and win the ball... wonder how many times he doesn't intercept it and leaves himself and his team mates in a trouble.

Actually don't need the stats to tell me he is prone to vacating his position. See it every game
To be fair wasn't that almost exactly the type of role that Cannavaro had? I'm not saying Keane is Cannavaro but just that the ability to read play is a good thing for a CB

Does any one have any figures how much Keane's errors have cost us in pints ?

I think he should be dropped altogether and stick with Holgate, Godfrey and Branthwaite plus Mina when fit.

Status
Not open for further replies.