2021/22 Michael Keane

Status
Not open for further replies.
…no he hasn’t. Any ordinary top flight CB of the 1970s would’ve dealt with that ball. For some reason, folk think modern day footballers are superior. I just think they’re lucky.

John Hurst was our CB in the 1970s, he was top drawer & didn’t get an England cap. I guarantee, Keane wasn’t fit to lace Hurst’s boots yet he has a drawer full of England caps and is a multi-millionaire.
Pretty sure he meant our 1970s centre backs in the current era ie a bunch of 75 year olds would have sorted their feet out a la keane

When you play centre half, the whole match goes through you, it's a position where the slightest error results in a goal. There are too many slight (or worse) errors with Keane, he has almost too many faults to list

Chin up Mike.

But for one mistake you had a good game. And the mistake came from a deflection which had you wrong footed.

Crap happens.
Mr Beef, I admire your defence of our CB, but Jagielka, Mina, Watson, Distin, Labone, Ratcliffe, Higgins and so on would have anticipated the ball coming into the box and been on it like a squirrel on a nut, but not big Mick, he's not worthy of being mentioned amongst our great half backs, he's a plank and he cost us the game again. And not for the first time.

People talk about how can Leeds stay up when they concede 3+ goals a game, but Michael Keane is our version.

Every single week, he makes a costly error which in one way or another screws us over.

He’s got to be the first one out the door in the Summer, or if not out, then a replacement has to be made.

Our players were great today, but when he makes a mistake it always screws us.

Just seen their goal again. He actually lacks the basics in how to defend properly. He is like the lad who just goes through the motions, who during the game, has his shirt covering his hands to keep warm, shivering whilst his mind wonders about how best to tend the cabbages in his allotment

Status
Not open for further replies.