Match Thread Southampton v Everton Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
The keeper was our best player.

There isn't any other mistakes other than Keane and Gomes

DVB yeah should have tried to go forward, but it wasn't a mistake by any means passing to holgate, who in turn didn't make a mistake passing to Keane, Keanes sloppy pass was a mistake, but even so gomes could have just booted first time into touch or to Pickford

He takes a shocking touch, is stuck on his heels like a slug and actually fouls their player
Pickford could of stopped both goals. He can't be the best player for 85 minutes then make 2 massive mistakes that lead to goals.
DVB caused panic by going backwards. Play on the front foot.
Gomes makes a mistake but gets more stick than anyone.
What did Gordon or DCL do on Saturday? Absolutely nothing . Are they getting stick the same as Gomes?

Pickford could of stopped both goals. He can't be the best player for 85 minutes then make 2 massive mistakes that lead to goals.
What did Gordon or DCL do on Saturday? Absolutely nothing . Are they getting stick the same as Gomes?
How could he have stopped the header?
The shot was whipped round with pace, very difficult to stop.

If you can't pass back to your centre back 5 yards in fear of total panic, then why are they on the pitch?

Gomes was absolutely horrible 2 games in a row. I've defended him a lot in the past but he was tragic.

Gordon has been our best player probably next to gray all season, he was bound to have an off game, DCL is coming back from injury and he was very good v Leeds. The whole team itself was poor

But Gomes was that poor he was single handedly destroying any chance of getting back into it.

He let a goal in at his near post. Then he could of come out and caught the ball for the second. He is costing us points. We need clean sheets to stay up. Pickford was at fault for both goals.
If a player has a bad game I will have a moan, if they play well I will say so. Some people make their minds up and the agenda is set.

I felt like they gave up more in this performance than even the Watford one. In the Watford one we chased the game from 2-2, then 3-2 and then 4-2 to get back in it.

In this one we couldn't, didn't do anything even after being 1-0. We're in trouble.

There are CLEARLY better mid table teams than ours this season, and the quicker the players realise that the better. We have to hope there are 3 worse teams than us, but in terms of FORM right now, i think we're the worst and I never thought i'd say that. The players have to go in and play like relegation is on the line in the next 10 matches, not wait until the last 10 matches to get it right.

I thought VDB played it safe going backwards there rathern than being progressive (but i also felt there were very little options generally in the game in the middle, but ultimately, gomes was too casual, poor touch, cant handle pressure on the ball. The goal lies on him afraid. I dont buy that Pickford was at fault. It was near post but it wasn't a tight angle and was a good strike.

Second one, maybe he could have come collect, I'm not blaming pickford for it though, we should have been out of the game well before.

Gordon and DCL were poor, nobody says they weren't, the difference is they havent been poor consistency for years. Gomes has. Gomes was walked past time and time again and had absolutely zero desire to challenge for the ball. That is why he is getting the stick. He was the STANDOUT bad performer in what was a BAD BUNCH of performances. I dont expect a half-fit DCL to be firing on all cylinders and I wont be giving Gordon stick for a one-off bad perofrmance when he has probably been our best player this season.

It's context that makes Gomes the target, because he's been abysmal regularly apart from a 15minute OK cameo v Arsenal.

Not sure whats funny about it like.

I felt like they gave up more in this performance than even the Watford one. In the Watford one we chased the game from 2-2, then 3-2 and then 4-2 to get back in it.

In this one we couldn't, didn't do anything even after being 1-0. We're in trouble.

There are CLEARLY better mid table teams than ours this season, and the quicker the players realise that the better. We have to hope there are 3 worse teams than us, but in terms of FORM right now, i think we're the worst and I never thought i'd say that. The players have to go in and play like relegation is on the line in the next 10 matches, not wait until the last 10 matches to get it right.

Completely agree. Home form is going to be key, most of these players aren't up to it and it's going to take something specical to beat City on Saturday so we're another game down and getting closer and closer.

Didnt help that all the results on Saturday went against us.

Well, you weirdly double quote everything, you said I repeated what you said when I categorically did not and you care more about the RS not winning the league than us being relegated. Otherwise, you seem sound.
Where did I say I say I care more about them than us? Let's keep things real hey kid.

Status
Not open for further replies.