Lewis Dobbin

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not natural for someone to lose all ability. Who knows what he will do.

But we should be honest in our assessment of him. He has been one of the best young players in Europe this season, when you factor in the context. 5 or 6 MOTMs wracked up already. Glad to see hes proven the doubters wrong.
That is a crazy shout.

In what sense mate?
In the sense that you originally said one of the best young players in Europe and are now saying as long as we only look at people who are younger than him and are playing in poor teams under poor managers.

Objectively he just hasn’t been one of the best young players in Europe, or even close to it. He’s done really well recently but he only had his first involvement in a goal about 6 weeks ago, he got to mid December with no goals and no assists.

I’m not trying to knock the lad, he’s improving and doing well but let’s not build him into something he’s not.

Last edited:

In the sense that you originally said one of the best young players in Europe and are now saying as long as we only look at people who are younger than him and are playing in poor teams under poor managers.

Objectively he just hasn’t been one of the best young players in Europe, or even close to it. He’s done really well recently but he only had his first involvement in a goal about 6 weeks ago, he got to mid December with no goals and no assists.

I’m not trying to knock the lad, he’s improving and doing well but let’s not build him into something he’s not
I see people putting him in first 11s ahead of Demzs Gray and it makes me do a big, big sad.

I know what I saw against Chelsea and I liked it.
Ok that has nothing to do with what I said, I was just responding to toffee lover saying he's a scorer, his record suggests he's not.

This is because he's not a striker, so although he looks promising his competition for places is from Gray/Gordon/Richy not DCL and Rondon.

Although I'm sure Richy would be moved to CF to not have to start Rondon.

Status
Not open for further replies.