2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you understand the criticism of him now though?
Yes and no. Yes because he made mistakes - maybe the biggest in accepting a job without any means to improve, and thus this plunge in results vs all the other teams who did invest heavely (Villa for instance), and some mind blowing tactical decisions. No because I thought at times it looked much better than 99% of Carlos games.

No because its way too easy to blame him for the mess that this squad is. Its a gathering fo players built for several philosophies that was never going to work together.

Yes and no. Yes because he made mistakes - maybe the biggest in accepting a job without any means to improve, and thus this plunge in results vs all the other teams who did invest heavely (Villa for instance), and some mind blowing tactical decisions. No because I thought at times it looked much better than 99% of Carlos games.

No because its way too easy to blame him for the mess that this squad is. Its a gathering fo players built for several philosophies that was never going to work together.

Was that for those 10 minute spells in the only 5 wins we’ve had this season?

Was that for those 10 minute spells in the only 5 wins we’ve had this season?
And the half time tactic changes that converted being behind into a win or a draw. That was something Carlo could ever do.

In hindsight explainable. Carlo went into a huge defensive mode when he concluded we were leaking goals everywhere. Compact defense and wait for a mistake by the opponent, then hope for a counter. But even those tactics blew when Holgate or some other idiot lost the ball by a stupid mistake and got a goal against. Then the opponent did the same and Carlo only relied on DCL for a moment of brilliance that never or rarely came in the last 7 months. You could see the hope drain away in Carlos eyes in those last games in april. I really dont blame him for moving to Real. It was and is hopeless.

He's destroyed this club though.
You replied to a post from last August one game into the season in which we had won mate. A lot of people were getting behind him at that point because we had no choice. Support dwindled a few weeks later though when we started being crap and his awful stubborn traits started coming to the surface and yes he did end up doing a lot of damage to the club indeed. No argument from me, its a fact.

You replied to a post from last August one game into the season in which we had won mate. A lot of people were getting behind him at that point because we had no choice. Support dwindled a few weeks later though when we started being crap and his awful stubborn traits started coming to the surface and yes he did end up doing a lot of damage to the club indeed. No argument from me, its a fact.
I was just bumping some old posts for the fun of it. I really did want to be proven wrong about Benitez. I honestly didn't expect him, to be as bad as he was.

It is easy to blame him alright, seeing that he was the worst Everton manager since the nineteen effing fifties!lol That squad finished 10th under Ancelotti, and was in contention for a place in europe for most of the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.