2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
But that's not solely down to him is it?

Decades of mismanagement leading to where we are now. A dysfunctional structure and a cluless owner. Ancelloti walking out as he knew we were going nowhere fast. Rodriguez treating us terribly and wanting out well before benitez came. Misspent hundreds of millions leaving benitez with a terrible squad and nothing to spend. Players well past their sell by date. Injuries. An angry and toxic crowd that was never going to give him a chance and have given the players dogs abuse game after game. Hardly an environment to encourage success on the pitch.

Its far too simplistic to put it all on benitez or claim he's the one with primary responsibility for where we are now.

And if you think that squad should be challenging for Europe I'm stunned.
I clearly said they are a mid table squad but Carlo had them fighting for Europe for a period did he not. It’s all not down to Benitez we have been terrible since Mosh took over really but been in a relegation battle this season is down to Benitez. If we was mid table I would understand because we are a mid table squad. He made us a 1 win in 13 relegation form who’s fault is that he picks the team he does the tactics he got it wrong constantly. How can you blame anyone else for Everton been in the position we are in now. If we appoint a half decent manager we will go back to been the mid table team we are even tho we all want more.

Decades of mismanagement leading to where we are now. A dysfunctional structure and a cluless owner. Ancelloti walking out as he knew we were going nowhere fast. Rodriguez treating us terribly and wanting out well before benitez came. Misspent hundreds of millions leaving benitez with a terrible squad and nothing to spend. Players well past their sell by date. Injuries. An angry and toxic crowd that was never going to give him a chance and have given the players dogs abuse game after game. Hardly an environment to encourage success on the pitch.

Its far too simplistic to put it all on benitez or claim he's the one with primary responsibility for where we are now.

They did give him a chance. The reaction to his appointment was shockingly fair minded. After a couple of wins things were looking rosy.

Then he proceeded to go on the worst run of games we have ever seen. If that's not enough to turn toxic then what is?

Or terrible position this season is absolutely on Benitez. It would be on any manager.

They did give him a chance. The reaction to his appointment was shockingly fair minded. After a couple of wins things were looking rosy.

Then he proceeded to go on the worst run of games we have ever seen. If that's not enough to turn toxic then what is?

Or terrible position this season is absolutely on Benitez. It would be on any manager.
I think that's fair enough mostly. Benitez can hardly claim to have made a success of it and I'm not saying he's free from blame. I recognise managers are judged by the results on the pitch.

I just think there's a far bigger picture and it can't all be on him. You don't blame the manager of every team relegated for the relegation do you? The players on the pitch are usually not good enough and that's definitely the case at Everton right now. Also, there's hardly a queue of top quality managers looking to come here for good reason.

I just can't stand seeing things like 'benitez has destroyed the club' as its far too simplistic and lets others off the hook who also have to share some of the responsibility.

I think that's fair enough mostly. Benitez can hardly claim to have made a success of it and I'm not saying he's free from blame. I recognise managers are judged by the results on the pitch.

I just think there's a far bigger picture and it can't all be on him. You don't blame the manager of every team relegated for the relegation do you? The players on the pitch are usually not good enough and that's definitely the case at Everton right now. Also, there's hardly a queue of top quality managers looking to come here for good reason.

I just can't stand seeing things like 'benitez has destroyed the club' as its far too simplistic and lets others off the hook who also have to share some of the responsibility.
It depends really on the team. I know we all have a go at the players and rightfully so in many instances but they are not as bad as that run we were on (on paper at least.) I reckon there are decent managers willing to give us a go, we just seem to be looking in really weird places to appoint one.

You are right of course, the issues are more than just Benitez, we are a mess and he made his own mess on top of that. Both can be true.

We literally swapped Olsen, James and Iceland for Begovic, Gray, Townsend and Rondon from the squad that were in the top 6 as late as early April, we had Europe in our grasp and choked it, that should have been built on even with Ancelotti going

These players finished 10th last season on our highest points total in years. We haven't finished outside the top 12 since 03/04 and in that time, we have only not been in the top 10, 4 times (11th 3 times and 12th once).

That points total last season would have had Europe in like all but 1 of the last 20 seasons or so other than last season.

But do keep telling us how the manager doesn't shoulder that blame for us being in a relegation battle.

Yip, the Benitez haters are proper gutted. They were dying to for us to lose so they could say i told you so and spread some more horrible negativeness and hang up some we know were you live soiled bed sheets outside the wrong house. We were actually good for the first 20 mins and then in that 2nd half which was largely down to a very good half team talk by the Manager.

Time to get behind the Manager whether we win or lose and we will definitely do both througout the season and its way too early to predict how we will do but there are plenty of encouraging signs.
Hmm indeed yes. Very encouraging signs!

Status
Not open for further replies.