Vitor Pereira

Yes or no

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
It doesn’t really help anything. The fans need to get behind the manager and team for the rest of the season. By all means protest against the board and Moshiri but the team needs everyone’s backing.

We've been behind the teams and managers this whole time and where has it gotten us? Sleep walking towards relegation.

Its the people who just sit there on their hands all game tyen rip into anyone trying to do anything to improve the club that's the problem.

But why do we have to pretend that the only options are the 2 ends of the spectrum? Most teams in this league are neither playing like prime Barcelona nor getting 10 men behind the ball and hoofing it forward to chase, they manage to find a blend between the 2, and that's what most of our fans want (in the short term at least). The problem is we've consistently employed managers who haven't been suited to the job we're asking them to do, and this just looks like another one. It's staggeringly incompetent.

We don’t know how he’ll do until he gets here.

I’d say Silva was an appointment to try and get the neons between the two? Even Ancelotti, everywhere he’s been he plays the best football he can with the group of players he has, he’s the arch pragmatist, so with Chelsea it was flowing front foot football, similar at Milan, at Madrid it was unbelievable counter attack. At Everton he decided the best way to get results was a deep back five, all the tallest players on the pitch at once, and even occasionally fullbacks on the wing.

I agree that we need a coach who can find the middle ground, but I don’t see players of the ilk of Osman, Pienaar, Arteta, Cahill in this squad. Even a Barry or Barkley, even an old Rooney would probably do. Players who can get on the ball in midfield, get people passing and moving, make some play, build some attacks. Gomes can occasionally do this in a three when he decides to turn up and work. The rest just don’t look comfortable on the ball at all, Doucoure and Allan are good off the ball but not great on it.

Get Rooney in; Ferguson Baines and Cahill.

Everybody will be behind them, and the players will play for them, and we might avoid relegation.

If this guy comes there is a very high probability of us playing in the Championship next season...

Worried!!

They're not considering Rooney

Untitled-9.jpg

But why do we have to pretend that the only options are the 2 ends of the spectrum? Most teams in this league are neither playing like prime Barcelona nor getting 10 men behind the ball and hoofing it forward to chase, they manage to find a blend between the 2, and that's what most of our fans want (in the short term at least). The problem is we've consistently employed managers who haven't been suited to the job we're asking them to do, and this just looks like another one. It's staggeringly incompetent.
Just to add as well, when you see this morning that we spoke to Galtier (I still am led to believe it was with his reps and it was never more than a first contact) it just makes it all even worse.

Galtier is a progressive manager who still wants a solid defence. His Lille team had the best defence in Ligue 1 with chuffing Jose Fonte marshalling it. Now his Nice team have the best defence with 38-year-old Dante at the back.

Potter, even if I don't think he's amazing, has Brighton set up very well defensively, with pretty average players.

It's like you say, there's a huge middle ground yet last summer the idiots in charge of us lurched for someone at one end of the spectrum who came in and made it all worse and it's just resulted in us having no structure at all in place.

Imagine when we saw Allardyce appointed that fans would be up in arms about Pereira becoming manager....no, I cant either.

FFS. The reaction is pathetic.

Some suggestion that Nico Kovic may have entered the frame - fingers crossed as he would be a lot of people's choice. But then again Pereira is considered a 'lucky Manager' (not too sure whether it means in terms of footballing success or the jobs he keeps getting?) so who knows

Just to add as well, when you see this morning that we spoke to Galtier (I still am led to believe it was with his reps and it was never more than a first contact) it just makes it all even worse.

Galtier is a progressive manager who still wants a solid defence. His Lille team had the best defence in Ligue 1 with chuffing Jose Fonte marshalling it. Now his Nice team have the best defence with 38-year-old Dante at the back.

Potter, even if I don't think he's amazing, has Brighton set up very well defensively, with pretty average players.

It's like you say, there's a huge middle ground yet last summer the idiots in charge of us lurched for someone at one end of the spectrum who came in and made it all worse and it's just resulted in us having no structure at all in place.
One idiot, who thinks he understands football

Status
Not open for further replies.