Vitor Pereira

Yes or no

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the problem.

As a fan base we verge between the two. Ancelotti, maybe even Allardyce seemed to know the limitations of the players, so when they played in a way fans deemed as ‘negative’ and we’re in mid table they copped criticism for it.

If a manager asks these players to do anything tactically difficult to lead to better football, they can’t do it and results implode. The fans then call for us to shore things up and get into mid table.

The common denominator is we just need better players to give managers more tactical options so they have more ways to win games.

It's less to do with the style of the football and more the mentality. Allardyce's bleh football would have been tolerated far more if he didn't set us up in a damage control set-up whenever we played a good team.

All most Evertonians ask is that we actually try and win with some sort of a gameplan, even if that gameplan is soaking up the pressure and making counter attacks count like Ancelotti did during that win at Anfield.

Negative tactics and negative attitude are different things, which is something the Allardyce fans could seemingly never grasp.

It's less to do with the style of the football and more the mentality. Allardyce's bleh football would have been tolerated far more if he didn't set us up in a damage control set-up whenever we played a good team.

All most Evertonians ask is that we actually try and win with some sort of a gameplan, even if that gameplan is soaking up the pressure and making counter attacks count like Ancelotti did during that win at Anfield.

Negative tactics and negative attitude are different things, which is something the Allardyce fans could seemingly never grasp.

I think it was an Arsenal away game where I lost the plot. He clearly set up happy to take a 2 nil loss.

He played a flat back 5, and 4 in midfield and I think we were 4 down inside about 12 minutes.

A more recent example of something similar was Benitez against Brighton. The tactics were negative, but the mentality was even worse. There was no intention to even spring on the counter attack.

I can’t imagine our players are going to respect him one bit.
I imagine for the players it’s all downhill from Ancelotti. Going from one of the most decorated managers in history and a father figure to many, to Benitez and now this. I imagine a lot will be considering their futures. Although I’m past caring about most of them.

I think it was an Arsenal away game where I lost the plot. He clearly set up happy to take a 2 nil loss.

He played a flat back 5, and 4 in midfield and I think we were 4 down inside about 12 minutes.

A more recent example of something similar was Benitez against Brighton. The tactics were negative, but the mentality was even worse. There was no intention to even spring on the counter attack.

I remember that, Mangala’s debut lol

I imagine for the players it’s all downhill from Ancelotti. Going from one of the most decorated managers in history and a father figure to many, to Benitez and now this. I imagine a lot will be considering their futures. Although I’m past caring about most of them.

The players didn’t respect Ancelotti either, they were happy to down tools on him mid way through the season.

On the bright side: Entertaining times ahead. Fall outs with players (Can´t imagine they will take him for real and respect him), fall outs with the fans and the media.

Will be a real circus.

Status
Not open for further replies.