Ferguson Caretaker Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
Carlo clearly likes and rates him as he has called him since being appointed.
He seems to respected by the players as well, I believe DCL acknowledged that Dunc's advice refined his game. The only issue is that could be an ideal and quality assistant but not suited for the role of club manager. I dont know personally whether he'd excel or struggle as he hasn't managed elsewhere. For example Rene Mulestein(sp) from Man united was a highly touted assistant that definitely contributed to Sir Alex's reign but as a Manager he was pretty lackluster.

Saying all the right things... But then again it's all soundbites.... When he gets a few games, we'll see if his actions back up his words..... I can't be arsed with sentimental bs atm.

Really hope we win it today for Duncan’s sake as well as we’re generally just desperate.

Gonna be a much harder task this time round, with the players thinking ‘Who the hell are this board going to bring in next?’ in the back of their minds.

Think it would have better for all if they just said it’s his until the end of the season as there’s just going to be more instability.

I don’t think he wants it

I'm starting to get this impression.

Scared of failure and letting his club down, no way back if that happens

He seems to respected by the players as well, I believe DCL acknowledged that Dunc's advice refined his game. The only issue is that could be an ideal and quality assistant but not suited for the role of club manager. I dont know personally whether he'd excel or struggle as he hasn't managed elsewhere. For example Rene Mulestein(sp) from Man united was a highly touted assistant that definitely contributed to Sir Alex's reign but as a Manager he was pretty lackluster.
I think this is it really. Probably better off as an assistant. He is more comfortable in that role and knows his limitations. Nothing wrong with being a long term assistant.

Gonna be awkward if we lose tomorrow.
Why ? He can’t guarantee success otherwise he’d have the job full time and we’d be about to start an amazing couple of years , we’re in a relegation battle and the team are destroyed confidence wise by the worst manager we’ve ever had . If the bloke says he’s going to do his best , good that’s what i want to see . It certainly feels like the last fella didn’t so its a startling point at least .

Said yesterday in his interview he's going to make some changes because the team has been losing.

Hope he sticks to his word and bins his mates off like Coleman, Keane etc and doesn't just get rid of the younger lads

Status
Not open for further replies.