2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Rafael Benitez has been sacked as Everton manager after less than seven months in charge.

The Toffees appointed the former Liverpool manager, 61, as Carlo Ancelotti's successor in June.
Everton, who lost 2-1 to Norwich City on Saturday, have won only one of their last 13 Premier League games and sit 15th in the table, six points above the relegation places.

The club say an update on a permanent replacement will be made in due course.

Happy Christmas, Birthday, Easter, Hogmanay, Eid, Hanukkah or whatever you may be celebrating today

SEE YE PIGMAN
Welcome back to Goodison Tommye.

I can't wait to hear the backtracking that Prentice, Kirkbride, Buckland, and Beesley are going to have to do in their latest Echo podcast
Prentice will spend the first half of his segment talking about "if only it could have worked out", "i wished him well", "under other circumstances everything would have been rosy", "he's a manager of pedigree that we need" etc etc, then spend the second half of the segment talking about "a fantastic opportunity for someone else to move the club forward in difficult circumstances". Ballbag.

And don't get me started on Gavin errrr Buckland errrr who errrr sounds like errrr he's dialing in errrr from a submarine errrrr half the errrrr time errrr.

It's frightening really. I just cant see the end of this. As you say, it's a cycle we cant get off.

How does it end? A manager flukes a trophy is one scenario. The only other scenario is we get new owners who buy the club and new stadium and are out of this world rich and in one fell swoop hire the best coaches and gets shut of this lot in a hearbeat and buy great players.

Either look a long way off, tbh.

I see your point mate, but it's a results business and no way on Earth could you say Benitez got the results to keep his job safe and to top that our football was atrocious the formations baffling, ( 5 at the back at home to Brighton). If you have ever read my posts I've hated this constant cycle of managers being sacked, what is it now six ex managers players ? We need stability and as proven Benitez could never give us that. He had to go the club is in turmoil.

1642354588504.jpeg

1642354626445.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.