Match Thread Crystal Palace v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hard to take any positives out of that game. An inspired substitution perhaps given that Richie did sod all in the 57 minutes he was on and Rondon scored. Anthony Gordon was unlucky not to get his first goal, I think his shot broke their goalie's finger.
I've given MoM to Ben Godfrey for his first half pushing forward, perhaps Lucas Digne should take note.
Three Everton players booked and no yellows for Palace, when they were kicking Gray and Townsend all over the park? And Benteke's leg breaker on Coleman rewarded with a throw in to Palace?
We were bad though, really back to were we were before Monday.

Who else us fallen out with FSW

Digne, Rodriguez (as of summer) and I cant imagine for a second Richy is backing him after today.

Regardless, Benitez was and is the worst person to be at this club. Even putting results aside, we have no idea of how to play and his ego is more important than the teamm. That is a huge red flag, even bigger than teh YNWA he no doubt has in his home.

We need a system restore! We know FSW is getting sacked at some point, so bring in Rooney, give him a five year contract and accept we are on a proper rebuild. We've all heard the 5 year plan shout but we need to give a manager time no matter how we play. Rooney will get a bit more slack as he's a legend.

The ref was a joke but he is not to blame for the defeat. You just have to look at our players individually and recognise that they are just not very good. The ones that can show class at times are just too inconsistent. We have a bunch of poor players with an inferiority complex. They have been poor over several seasons yet we still have them. Coleman, Holgate, Keane, Delph, Gomez then we have the slightly better players in Doucoure Allen, Digne, Richie, DCL and possibly Gray all of whom are prone to patchy spells of gashness. This team needs gutting but seeing as our money has been squandered and we are now restricted I cannot see that happening. Not much coming through to give us hope either

Digne, Rodriguez (as of summer) and I cant imagine for a second Richy is backing him after today.

Regardless, Benitez was and is the worst person to be at this club. Even putting results aside, we have no idea of how to play and his ego is more important than the teamm. That is a huge red flag, even bigger than teh YNWA he no doubt has in his home.
Yea I don’t think Richy will take that sub very well, Benitez’s ego and stubbornness will take us down.

Status
Not open for further replies.