Match Thread Crystal Palace v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry mate, wasn't on here during the game.

Well, yes and no. It was bad today but Benitez played it totally wrong.

We went 433 with a front line of Richarlison, Gray and Townsend - who all need balls into feet. We were playing long ball.

If we're going to play long ball, fine, but don't put Richarlison between two big CBs and expect it to work. Play Rondon and have Richarlison playing off him. Why is Townsend playing? The lad is so out of form. The only answer can be for set-pieces... because he's punted Digne so has no other alternative.

That being said, I don't want Gomes starting games as he's just too slow. But at one point he put Gomes up in a 10 role just to hit long balls to him mate. It's madness.

That system today ended up not working because the manager got the approach completely wrong as to how we would play on the ball. I've said it tons of times, you cannot treat Richarlison as a target man. It doesn't work. We saw how to play to Richarlison as a striker on Monday...

said this to you before toff and know you agree, toady was no different.

We have been dreadful most games this season. 9 solid minutes v burnley aside we were piss there then as well.

We just need a manager that will get Andre Gomes scoring 10 goals a season, or to stop Yerry Mina's hamstrings melting, or to make Seamus Coleman 10 years younger, or to make all of them be able to pass a 'kin football.

There is so much potential in this squad. Look at the quality on our bench today ffs. He had Iwobi on there who could've made all the difference. FSW out. Graham Potter in!!

By the way. It’s not Coleman’s fault he’s asked to play every single game. He’s been a fantastic player for us. All the dickheads on here calling him out. I can’t think of another club in the top 3 leagues without a replacement right back

Nobody doubts his effort or anything, and I dont blamehim for his legs being absolutely gone

However he is due critcisim for his braindead decision to gift them the ball for the third.

Remember being good at set pieces last season, defending and attacking.

We now concede from one weekly and must be the only team in the entire league not to have scored from a corner or free kick.

We just need a manager that will get Andre Gomes scoring 10 goals a season, or to stop Yerry Mina's hamstrings melting, or to make Seamus Coleman 10 years younger, or to make all of them be able to pass a 'kin football.

There is so much potential in this squad. Look at the quality on our bench today ffs. He had Iwobi on there who could've made all the difference. FSW out. Graham Potter in!!

Has it not dawned on you yet that the players clearly hate him and have thrown the towel in to get him sacked?

said this to you before toff and know you agree, toady was no different.

We have been dreadful most games this season. 9 solid minutes v burnley aside we were piss there then as well.

I've said that all season mate yep. Brighton game aside we were very decent I think, but they played into our hands too.

Leeds we did okay, same defensive frailties that we've seen all season though. S'ton first half was terrible, we played okay from 60 mins onwards. Same v Burnley, half-decent v Man Utd and good for 30 mins the other day against a poor Arsenal team who could and should still have scored three.

Status
Not open for further replies.