The fans should be sacked?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Getting sacked, brilliant...

I'm all for it, it's about time we got a decent fan base in to happy-clap these superstars and give them the proper adulation they so richly deserve.

Yes-siree I know for a fact that if I didn't do my job my boss would definitely be telling me it's everybody else's fault, not mine as I'm special, unique and should be immune to any and all types of criticism as it may offend or damage my fragile ego, because that's how the real world works.

One of our lovely dear leader's in the "Gang Of Four"... Yes our dear Doctor Professor Chairman Denise rightly told us a month or so ago that we need to pay more next year to watch this fantastic champagne football we so richly don't appreciate or deserve.

Shall we all double our subscriptions and indeed our outputs, and fight and sing long and loud for our hero's in those padded cosseted heated seats in the front of main stand, and those poor undersung hero's on our hallowed turf, on the beaches, on the landing grounds and in the fields and streets, in the hills and in their Ferraris, we shall never surrender.

Why alone and at a conservative estimate over the last 20 years at £500 a year for a season ticket, £30 an away game (it used to be a lot more) £30 travel, £100 pound a game for beer/scran/programmes etc... That's just under £110 000 without counting European/cup home and aways/merchandise/sky subscriptions etc... I just can't wait to get sacked and can you do it as soon as possible, as I could of bought another house or indeed a nice yellow Lamborghini for a poor maligned Iwobi/Coleman/other EFC coward...

The club has become very short termist in terms of sacking managers. Koeman wasn't given a chance for example and there were reasons the team started poorly the season he was sacked

The fan reaction is part of the reason for the short termist culture, which I don't think is healthy

Ancelotti is the true culprit here for dropping us in it. I'm not sure hammering the people trying to pick up the pieces helps in any way
The people trying to “pick up the pieces” are the very people who have caused it to break into pieces in the first place! That’s exactly why they are getting hammered! Bad decisions followed by even worse decisions!

Most of our fans seem pretty useless - couldn't kick a ball themselves and sit on the sofa criticising the people who are in there doing it at the first sign of a bad run

Perhaps the most helpful thing Everton fans could do now is to provide solid support to help boost morale and grind though a difficult time?
I don't think anyone is in doubt that theses players are better than us sofa sitters, what bugs us most is the utter lack of commitment, look at Liverpool you get the idea that the players love the club and would run through brick walls to get 3 points.. where as it looks like our players couldn't give a toss win, lose or draw.

I don't think anyone is in doubt that theses players are better than us sofa sitters, what bugs us most is the utter lack of commitment, look at Liverpool you get the idea that the players love the club and would run through brick walls to get 3 points.. where as it looks like our players couldn't give a toss win, lose or draw.
I just don't agree, they are professional footballers and want to win. They look like a rudderless ship, and have done for about 4 years, but to say they don't care is nonsense

The connection between their players and fans is the complete opposite to ours. They all seem focused on the task of doing whatever it takes to get 3 points. Ours just look like complete mercenaries focused on rinsing the club for every penny they can get.

Football isn't all plain sailing - there are some tough games coming up - but the fixtures are a bit easier in Jan / Feb

Ancelotti dropped us in it. Rafael had no money in the summer. We're without Sigurdsson. DCL injured. Benitez has a decent track record and so I'd certainly be looking to support him through this period and give him time and eventually money to improve things....
Can't see Ancelotti dropping us in it mate. Who was the tool that put contract clause in. FFP was always going to come into place as Walsh spunked 300mill. I was dead against Rafael and out of desperation had to listen to talk poo the other morning, even they are saying WTF were we thinking

The connection between their players and fans is the complete opposite to ours. They all seem focused on the task of doing whatever it takes to get 3 points. Ours just look like complete mercenaries focused on rinsing the club for every penny they can get.
I always think that it must be easy supporting the RS as in the last fifty-years when have they gone through a rough period? What tribulations have they had?

I can't remember a time they were in the bottom half of the table for a sustained period. Even in a barren period without a league title, they won stuff.

That relationship will to some extent come from this because they ooze optimism; we, on the other hand, have had years of trials and tribulations - ups and downs.

Still, I was watching the countless bottles being lashed onto the pitch and at the cops from my seat, and I couldn't help but think that this isn't going to help.

Lots of fans were more concerned with singing about the RS rather than getting behind our players; again, I couldn't help but think that it's part of the problem.

Most of our fans seem pretty useless - couldn't kick a ball themselves and sit on the sofa criticising the people who are in there doing it at the first sign of a bad run

Perhaps the most helpful thing Everton fans could do now is to provide solid support to help boost morale and grind though a difficult time?
Normally I’d agree but we’ve had nothing to be happy about for almost 30 years now and are going backwards

It’s hard not to be frustrated

anyone planning a demo half way through the game on Monday is literally playing Russian roulette with the club's future. Besides it being a massive boost to Arsenal to see fans start to walk out half way through a hugely important game, it will wind up our East European overlords no end. First off, they aren't EVertonians, and probably feel no real affection for the club. They are billionaires, and in the way they have financed the club through loans, they could get their money back tomorrow with a fires sale of DCL and Richi, and then push the burning hulk out to sea without a backward glance. That wouldn't be their first option, but christ, imagine spending that much money on players (whom nobody complained about signing at the time) and then being lambasted cos they didn't provide value for money. there is something wonderfully indulgent in crrying on like entitled brats, but what an insane gamble to take at this point. On the cusp of getting a new stadium for half a billion quid, I know, let's tell the world how incompetent our owners are. Cos we expect nothing but the best. Not in L4.

I always think that it must be easy supporting the RS as in the last fifty-years when have they gone through a rough period? What tribulations have they had?

I can't remember a time they were in the bottom half of the table for a sustained period. Even in a barren period without a league title, they won stuff.

That relationship will to some extent come from this because they ooze optimism; we, on the other hand, have had years of trials and tribulations - ups and downs.

Still, I was watching the countless bottles being lashed onto the pitch and at the cops from my seat, and I couldn't help but think that this isn't going to help.

Lots of fans were more concerned with singing about the RS rather than getting behind our players; again, I couldn't help but think that it's part of the problem.

When we analyse things that are part of the problem I'd say our fans singing a few songs about that lot is pretty low down on the list.

If you are going to blame the fans for anything, it's for tolerating us going from being one of the biggest clubs in England to mid table nonentities.

If we win on Monday, all will be forgiven/forgotten and there will be plenty inside the stadium who scoff at the disgruntled fans who have spent the last week complaining.

I'm 31 now so being also rans is all I've ever known. I now think we are much more likely to be relegated than lift a trophy in my lifetime but aside from the odd few on social media people are very accepting of it. I don't go to as many games as I used to so it doesn't bother me as much - I just feel sorry for the people who continue to pay a fortune and are seemingly content with being taken for a complete ride.

anyone planning a demo half way through the game on Monday is literally playing Russian roulette with the club's future. Besides it being a massive boost to Arsenal to see fans start to walk out half way through a hugely important game, it will wind up our East European overlords no end. First off, they aren't EVertonians, and probably feel no real affection for the club. They are billionaires, and in the way they have financed the club through loans, they could get their money back tomorrow with a fires sale of DCL and Richi, and then push the burning hulk out to sea without a backward glance. That wouldn't be their first option, but christ, imagine spending that much money on players (whom nobody complained about signing at the time) and then being lambasted cos they didn't provide value for money. there is something wonderfully indulgent in crrying on like entitled brats, but what an insane gamble to take at this point. On the cusp of getting a new stadium for half a billion quid, I know, let's tell the world how incompetent our owners are. Cos we expect nothing but the best. Not in L4.

We've kept quiet for 27 years and it's gotten us absolutely nowhere. I really do think it's a big part in why we have gone from being one of the biggest teams in the country to where we are now. There's no pressure from the fans to do better so why would the club bother to aspire to winning trophies again?

It is not the fans fault, but abusing the players only makes matters worse. No one ever played better after being abused, the fans think its clever, it really isnt.
At present, the fans sitting on their hands would be the very worst thing they could do - which is essentially what the opening post of this thread was advocating.

I’m not one for personal abuse of players - but I’m not surprised it’s happening. There are so many basic mistakes costing us dear.

The match is the only time fans are able to express themselves in a meaningful and collective way that the club is forced to take notice of.

If the players get rattled by the toxicity the club has helped breed, then so be it. They aren’t blameless.

Protest triggers change - and change is what we need.

Status
Not open for further replies.