2021/22 Lucas Digne

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really rate him, but what has happened !!???
Not buying the new more defensive instructions from Rafael, as he was not great last season.

Is it another player we masisbley over-rated ? And is with us for a reason.

I do wonder how much of his downward trajectory is due to how Benitez is utilising him.. but then again he's not been on top form for a very long time now either way.

Not buying the new more defensive instructions from Rafael, as he was not great last season.

Yes.
He was ok going forward. But he's a defender first off. Who cant defend. Couple that now with he has looked half arsed for quite a while.

Always plays decent for France in a more attacking role, the lad can cross a ball however as I former winger myself Digne is easy to get on the back foot and then the best he can do is foul you.

Won me a couple of quid last night as his booking was an absolute certainty.

D80B5B3F-F19B-460D-B4AD-C5CC1C968A55.png

He was told be more defensive last season too. Have you forgotten the style under Carlo already? Still worked better than Benitez' neither here nor there style tbf
Digne is being criminally misused in this system. In the era of attacking full backs, we have a great one but have Jurassic period management.

Lets all moan that one of the best attacking fullbacks in the league is being told to not go forward and blame it on the player.

Imagine Reece James or Alexander-arnold being told to stay back.

You people get what you deserve.

He’s absolute muck when he goes forward though that’s the issue. He isn’t “one of the best full backs in the league” at anything. Personally I’d try to flog him to Marseille or Monaco for £20m if possible while we can still get something for him.

This lads been living off his first season or so ever since. We know there's a decent player somewhere in there but we haven't seen it for quite a while. Anybody who says different hasn't been watching us he has been decidedly average at best.

Status
Not open for further replies.