Should Benitez be sacked if we lose the Derby? POLL

Should the manager be sacked if we lose the Derby on Wednesday

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
No. And it’s as simple as that. Benitez took this job with zero money to spend even tho we could all see positions that needed strengthening. Add the bad luck with Injuries and our paper thin squad and I don’t think theirs a manager out their that could get anything out of this lot. The great Carlo had money and James Rodriguez and we still finished 10th. This season we just have to wing it and then get rid of the deadwood and hand Benitez some funds. We need stability at the club at the moment.

Benitez: gets the season.

A stampede to install a cone layer who bollocksed it up last time.

That shows how far gone some of the fans are.
Come on Dave. What have you seen from Benitez that makes you think he's up to the job? I thought he was an ok appointment, but it's patently clear he's finished as a manager.

Come on Dave. What have you seen from Benitez that makes you think he's up to the job? I thought he was an ok appointment, but it's patently clear he's finished as a manager.
First 6 games before all the injuries he had us in the top half easily.

Since the injuries we have slumped.

Get the injured back and we progress again.

It isn't that hard to understand.

13 games into his contract and some aren't prepared to hand him a transfer window to get it right, so dont imply I'm the one being illogical.

Behave lad. Our squad has been took apart with Injuries and his back up is laughable. Carlo had this problem last season when we couldn’t even fill our subs bench.

I just don't know anymore,he goes,the wheel goes around again,same group of players,same end result even if we had Guardiola/Tuchel, Benitez could do more though,his subs by and large are atrocious and his lack of usage of the youngsters just reveals that stubborn streak he has.

Behave lad. Our squad has been took apart with Injuries and his back up is laughable. Carlo had this problem last season when we couldn’t even fill our subs bench.
We had 3 first team players injured today and we were playing Brentford. He watched Gray put 2 great crosses in with nobody on the end of them and failed to put a striker on. He is finished.

I just don't know anymore,he goes,the wheel goes around again,same group of players,same end result even if we had Guardiola/Tuchel, Benitez could do more though,his subs by and large are atrocious and his lack of usage of the youngsters just reveals that stubborn streak he has.
Or maybe our youngsters just aren’t good enough. It’s easy for us all to sit here and say play him, or bring him on, but he’s the one watching these players everyday.

13 games into his contract and some aren't prepared to hand him a transfer window to get it right, so dont imply I'm the one being illogical.
15 minutes against Burnley.
That's his one success so far.

He has one transfer window and we got Rondon, Begovic and Lonergan. Granted Gray and Townsend seem OK and have dropped off as well but Rondon!!! And playing him as much as he does is NOT what a top coach does? Does he not see what everyone else sees?

He has one transfer window and we got Rondon, Begovic and Lonergan. Granted Gray and Townsend seem OK and have dropped off as well but Rondon!!! And playing him as much as he does is NOT what a top coach does? Does he not see what everyone else sees?
He plays him as much as he does because our main striker is out.! Richarlison was also out.! He was free, and was brought up to be back up. Jesus Christ.

He plays him as much as he does because our main striker is out.! Richarlison was also out.! He was free, and was brought up to be back up. Jesus Christ.
So that is his ONLY option to play as an out and out striker is it??? Really?

I`d rather Simms, Dobbin and Tosun who were kept on the bench for 90 mins....

…I voted ‘no’ in the last poll a few days but voted ‘yes’ now.

i actually thought Benitez would be a decent coach but the team set-up today plus game management was a massive concern. Even taking injuries into account, I thought we were superior to Brentford but the fact we never created a truly clear cut chance is more down to organisation than the application of the players.

To make things worst he never effectively used the substitute options open to him which led me to think he was happy with what he was watching. Todays defeat was lots to do with Benitez which surprises me.

As we have seen in the past, the manager is only part of the equation.
We are stuck in this nightmare of a not so merry merry-go-round of hirings and firings because of a string of awful recruitment decisions from the top down.
Recruitment of staff at this club, be they manager or player, has been utterly abysmal!!
If only we could sack the decision makers!

Status
Not open for further replies.