Everton January 2022 Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nobody at Everton is doing anything close to as much research as you've just demonstrated.

Rondon is here because Benitez knows him. That's how it works at this club.

I'm kind of hopeing that were going to start focusing on bringing in young talent and developing them over the next couple of seasons till the stadium is built.

It looks like to me that the club is just happy to exist till the stadium is built then I'd imagine Moshiri will try to sell us on. Just hope he sells us to someone who actually has a desire to move the club forward and get rid of the wasters and the poor mentality that runs through the club.

Where did I say buy him? He certainly performed better than Rondon has for us.

You didn't the person I was originally replying to was say we should.

He might be better for us then Rondon but bringing in crap because its better then the abject crap we already have, as we have already proven doesnt work.

Last edited:
100% Richy and DCL will be wanting to move on/up, and I'd be amazed if one let alone both were here next season. Can see Richy replacing Mbappe at PSG if his pal Neymar wants it so, and City might just get a home-grown No9 they apparently need. (Wouldn't surprise me if DCL went in January tbh).
Sadly, I think you might be spot on.

interesting point.
Since when did a manager deal with contract negotiations?

In particular a manager who has repeatedly stated throughout his career he has no interest in getting involved with the transfer/contracts side of the game.

Funny thing is that @Theoneandonly firmly believes that:

A: Ancelotti signed all players last summer (when we know from interviews he requested Allan and James only)

B: Brands is blaming Ancelotti for signing players that he himself signed

C: The board are blaming Ancelotti for contracts that he never negotiated

its an alternate reality lol

Part of me wouldn't mind a bit of a shake up, but I have no faith at all in us actually doing some good recruitment.

When I look at Digne it looks like he just hates being here.

Or does he not like being shackled when his best work is done overlapping?

Digne only recently extended and must be wondering why hes being asked to negate his own strengths at his peak of 28 years old.

The funny thing is that Nkounkou (and Small before) is also an attacking full back.

Is Benitez going to sign a right back who solely defends? Aaron Wan-Bissaka perhaps?

We may as well sell Digne if Benitez isnt going to play to his strengths.

Really? Who can we get who as good as him for 20m then? Who we will score nearly 2 points per game in the team with? Hes one of the best defenders in the league.

We would need £50-60mil to sign someone like Pau Torres or Kounde who are destined for top clubs.

Slightly less would get us Tapsoba, Bastoni or Badiashile if we could convince them to join.

Its highly unlikely we could get a like for like quality replacement even if we sold Mina for £40-50mil.

Where we are in reality is that Mina is earning £100k+ a week. Hes injury prone so the £50mil value could drop to £35mil and then you have only 18months ish left on a contract you could say £20mil is the fee.

If we cant get Mina to extend then surely someone would give us £35mil+ for Keane, Holgate and Mina.

If we could bring that in then sign one potential superstar u21 player who has the quality to come in from day one -- like Fofana at Leicester.

Go with them + Godfrey + Branthwaite and have Welch as an emergency 4th choice.

Rebuild with these younger players...

Alternatively, still sell those 3 for £35mil+ and go for Romagnoli, Ginter, Sule on frees.

I think it would be irresponsible to sack yet another manager. Because Benitez is the face of Everton, it may appear that they are doing the right thing by replacing him with manager X, if/when things get worse. With only 1 win in 8, Benitez will be under the microscope, that's football life isn't it?

I said a few months ago on another topic, we may have to sell Richarlison to get maybe 4, 5 or possibly more players in to add depth. It's clear to see our squad is poor when certain key players are out, I don't believe any coach/manager could get results with the players we have out injured.

I can see a struggle to survive in the premier league if things are left as they are, the board must act soon.

Spend and be damned with the consequences is what we've been doing for too long, hence the mess we are in now.
I am in complete agreement with you.

We need to knuckle down and find a way through. I don’t think changing manager is a realistic option as we don’t have the money for payoffs.

We are a different side when the injured players return and no managed would make a difference right now with the players missing.

Bad to consider Rico & DCL going (would be ~ £120m total, no?), what dross can we offload to free-up purchase?

For me:

Tosun, Sigs
& Iwobi+ 2 from Delph, Gbamin, Allan and Gomez (all semi-injured misfits doing the same job).

That creates opportunity for our youth, creates funds, clears negative dross hanging around the squad f***king up our mentality and training.

My guess would be Milan or Fiorentina.
Fair enough. Is there links to Milan and Fiorentina?

Milan could definitely afford his wages if they thought he was genuine starter material. I think the Q is whether Mina is good enough for a team that wants to be at the business end of a Top 5 league and competing in the CL. I genuinely have my doubts that Mina is truly that level.

Fiorentina is more realistic in terms of ability. But can Fiorentina offer any more than Everton. I'm not sure they can. Wages or sporting wise. The only difference is location and if he'd want to live in Italy v England.

Bad to consider Rico & DCL going (would be ~ £120m total, no?), what dross can we offload to free-up purchase?

For me:

Tosun, Sigs
& Iwobi+ 2 from Delph, Gbamin, Allan and Gomez (all semi-injured misfits doing the same job).

That creates opportunity for our youth, creates funds, clears negative dross hanging around the squad f***king up our mentality and training.
Biggest issue with selling unwanted players on moderate to high wages is that there's very few clubs willing to buy them in the current climate.

Covid has killed the transfer market in Europe. Last summer there was limited signings of +10M in La Liga, Serie A, Bundesliga, Ligue 1. The big signings still happen to a degree but it's the effect on those mid tier clubs from the Top 5 leagues that's been the biggest. It's those types of club we'd be looking to move the likes of Gomes, Delph, Iwobi, Gbamin on to.

It's not an issue solely for Everton but I think across the board we are seeing clubs struggling to move on players who are surplus to requirements. Might need some inventive deals in term so pay structure and/or loans to get some off the books. Wouldn't be banking on any players outside of DCL or Richarlison bringing in funds that could bring in more than 2-4 decent players. Likes of Digne, Pickford etc. could be flipped for 25-35M but what's the point unless there are loads of bargains to be had elsewhere?

Fair enough. Is there links to Milan and Fiorentina?

Milan could definitely afford his wages if they thought he was genuine starter material. I think the Q is whether Mina is good enough for a team that wants to be at the business end of a Top 5 league and competing in the CL. I genuinely have my doubts that Mina is truly that level.

Fiorentina is more realistic in terms of ability. But can Fiorentina offer any more than Everton. I'm not sure they can. Wages or sporting wise. The only difference is location and if he'd want to live in Italy v England.

If Mina was fit for 90% of games then he'd be one of the best in the league. The fact that is isnt is solely due to the injuries which hamper consistency.

He could walk into most teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.