Everton January 2022 Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
As we’re in an injury crisis and short of ‘strikers’ (I use the term loosely) just go and get someone like Charlie Austin for 18 months ffs. Even a well travelled second rate striker such as Charlie would be a vast improvement on the statue called Rondon. How could an experienced manager not see this? Baffling.

Think so? I reckon he'll probably fancy moving to Italy as the rumours suggest.

I cant really think of a good reason for any of our top players to want to stay...
This is it. Some on here worship Richarlison (I’m not that arsed about him tbh), but let’s face it, he’s a moody bu55er and I could deffo see him jumping ship at the first opportunity.

From what I gather, Rafael, Brands and Moshiri are blaming Ancelotti for the FFP fiasco we now find ourselves in.

The guy didn't give a crap about the club.

Paid through the roof on wages. Spent nearly 70 mil and didn't recoup any money back.

Moved this in the transfer thread.

You believe Ancelotti is responsible for our FFP issues leaving Benitez with less money to spend on new players...

Is that correct?

Ginter, Sule and Romagnoli for CB
Kessie, Zakaria and Kamara for CM

We should be focused on bringing in some of them.

Those would be top signings, but there's no way they'd come here. They'll each have their pick of a dozen offers from UCL and Europa level clubs, sadly not a chance they're signing for a go-nowhere, mid-table Prem team they've probably never heard of.

I think there will be a few looking to be offski this summer
Mina
DCL
Richy
Branthwaite
Simms
Gordon
Allan
They can do better elsewhere...
We will be stuck with Keane, Davies, Gomes, maybe even Delph
100% Richy and DCL will be wanting to move on/up, and I'd be amazed if one let alone both were here next season. Can see Richy replacing Mbappe at PSG if his pal Neymar wants it so, and City might just get a home-grown No9 they apparently need. (Wouldn't surprise me if DCL went in January tbh).

This is a huge problem, the slope we are on is getting slippier week by week.

It's so critical the board act responsibly this coming window, or else we will be a championship side. :confused::confused:
What does responsibility mean in this situation?

It could mean spend nothing and sell DCL or Richarlison.

Or does it mean spend and be damned with the consequences?

What does responsibility mean in this situation?

It could mean spend nothing and sell DCL or Richarlison.

Or does it mean spend and be damned with the consequences?

I think it would be irresponsible to sack yet another manager. Because Benitez is the face of Everton, it may appear that they are doing the right thing by replacing him with manager X, if/when things get worse. With only 1 win in 8, Benitez will be under the microscope, that's football life isn't it?

I said a few months ago on another topic, we may have to sell Richarlison to get maybe 4, 5 or possibly more players in to add depth. It's clear to see our squad is poor when certain key players are out, I don't believe any coach/manager could get results with the players we have out injured.

I can see a struggle to survive in the premier league if things are left as they are, the board must act soon.

Spend and be damned with the consequences is what we've been doing for too long, hence the mess we are in now.

As we’re in an injury crisis and short of ‘strikers’ (I use the term loosely) just go and get someone like Charlie Austin for 18 months ffs. Even a well travelled second rate striker such as Charlie would be a vast improvement on the statue called Rondon. How could an experienced manager not see this? Baffling.

Is this not the exact thinking that left us with Rondon in the first place?

Personally I'd rather get a young up and comer from the championship with a bit about them.

Ben Diaz is on a free in the summer so you could probably get him in on the cheap in January. Hes got 14 goals in 18 games this season and hes 22.

Kolo muani in ligue 1 contract up in the summer as well 13 goals and 11 assists in 56 games in the league. 4 goals and 3 assists in 13 apperences this season and 22.

You could probably get both if them for around 10m in January and it would vastly improve our side but I suppose that would require our scouting network to have a brain. We'll probably end up with Pelle.

This is it. Some on here worship Richarlison (I’m not that arsed about him tbh), but let’s face it, he’s a moody bu55er and I could deffo see him jumping ship at the first opportunity.
Wouldn’t you? Everton at the moment is a slowly sinking ship getting further and further away from being able to challenge for anything in his playing lifetime. We say we want the club to have ambition. Can’t blame players for having ambition of their own when the club doesn’t show it, or at least hasn’t shown the competence to execute against it. Suspect he’s off after the season along with Digne and a couple others.

Is this not the exact thinking that left us with Rondon in the first place?

Personally I'd rather get a young up and comer from the championship with a bit about them.

Ben Diaz is on a free in the summer so you could probably get him in on the cheap in January. Hes got 14 goals in 18 games this season and hes 22.

Kolo muani in ligue 1 contract up in the summer as well 13 goals and 11 assists in 56 games in the league. 4 goals and 3 assists in 13 apperences this season and 22.

You could probably get both if them for around 10m in January and it would vastly improve our side but I suppose that would require our scouting network to have a brain. We'll probably end up with Pelle.
Not exactly, as Charlie can both run and score goals. I’ve yet to see rondon move or have a shot on target, let alone score a goal.

Wouldn’t you? Everton at the moment is a slowly sinking ship getting further and further away from being able to challenge for anything in his playing lifetime. We say we want the club to have ambition. Can’t blame players for having ambition of their own when the club doesn’t show it, or at least hasn’t shown the competence to execute against it. Suspect he’s off after the season along with Digne and a couple others.
I'd be very surprised if Richy hasn't already been assured he can has his move in the summer. I reckon part of letting him go to the Olympics was that so long as he gave us a good season when he came back, he'd be permitted to leave in the summer. Perhaps to PSG with his mate Neymar.

Status
Not open for further replies.