Everton January 2022 Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
As I reported in the summer, Mina is still seen as surplus to requirements and we're looking to cash in.

Comos on a free transfer/low fee seems to be the guy we're looking at.

I have no idea if there is any truth in this, but if neither Brands nor Benitez can see Mina is by far and away our best defender, some very serious questions have to be asked.

I have no idea if there is any truth in this, but if neither Brands nor Benitez can see Mina is by far and away our best defender, some very serious questions have to be asked.
The Mina situation is that he needs to extend his contract or be sold.

If he doesnt want to extend then we have no option but to sell in the summer. We can't let a valuable asset leave for free the following summer.

His injuries mean a new contract isn't a straightforward decision either. I'd be inclined to sell, even though I rate him highly.

The Mina situation is that he needs to extend his contract or be sold.

If he doesnt want to extend then we have no option but to sell in the summer. We can't let a valuable asset leave for free the following summer.

His injuries mean a new contract isn't a straightforward decision either. I'd be inclined to sell, even though I rate him highly.

Well get his contract sorted then.

How much money are we getting for him in the summer do you reckon? As we look woeful without him, and I'll be frank, I have very little faith we will adequately replace him.

I think there will be a few looking to be offski this summer
Mina
DCL
Richy
Branthwaite
Simms
Gordon
Allan
They can do better elsewhere...
We will be stuck with Keane, Davies, Gomes, maybe even Delph

I think there will be a few looking to be offski this summer
Mina - Maybe but he is on a high wage and only has a year left
DCL - No chance, he did'nt turn up for half of the season last year and has missed half the season this year, still got some proving to do for me.
Richy - Id not be that bothered tbh, he thinks he is better than he actually is and I am honestly not sure how much he can improve on what he is now
Branthwaite - Highly rated but I don't see him leaving
Simms - No chance
Gordon - No chance
Allan - Not bothered, he is a shadow of the player he was just a few years ago, it's one of the biggest drop offs I have seen in a player for a while.
They can do better elsewhere...
We will be stuck with Keane, Davies, Gomes, maybe even Delph

I think on the left we stick with Gordon/Gray. Then on the right we really need another player to rotate with Townsend.

Looking at players ages and providing they all had long enough contracts then for the next 3 seasons we may see:

GK: Pickford
LB: Digne / Nkounkou
CB: Godfrey / Branthwaite
CB: Mina / Welch
RB:
CM: Doucoure / Onyango
CM
LW: Gray / Gordon
AM: Richarlison / Dobbin
RW: Townsend
CF: DCL / Simms

ive thrown in a bunch of kids there who at worst flesh out the squad. We really need to bring a bunch of them through and see if theyre good enough.

A very hard task but if we can do that then the transfer funds we have will go much further in rebuilding the team.

If not then our scouting needs to be focused on a new younger generation that we can mould together into a team.

If the rumours are true and we have £30-35mil to spend id offer £25mil for Livramento on 1st Jan...if they say no then go up to £30mil.

I dont see Southampton turning that down and this boy is going to be a star. I doubt Chelsea activate their buyback option so quickly when they have Reece James.

Id take Alli on loan. Stick him at 10 and see how he does.
think we will be after the lad at rangers again for rb and hope to agree a deal for 10 mill or so. Do agree with simms and dobbin i would be giving them ago now after seeing iwobi come from the bench they could offer more
And replacing him with a defender who has only played for barca reserve team if he doed go we need to replace with proven quality

Simms just signed a contract and I can't see Gordon going. Tbh apart from Doucoure and Dom I am not arsed who else leaves...
I think the Simms contract was to protect the asset. If he was Premier league quality at all. he would have been playing by now. I mean ... Rondon has started how many games. I think we will sell him to a championship team or a newly promoted team as back up in the summer.

But he maybe refusing a new deal or wants a much better deal than he has now. I rate Mina but is he really worth a new 5yr deal on maybe 6.5mil a year, when he misses a 3rd of the season every year.

Status
Not open for further replies.