Everton January 2022 Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

In that case could you explain how PSG signed Messi, Donnarumma, Ramos and Wijnaldum on "frees" with Mendes on loan for 0 cost?

Im confident theres a cost there.

Does that mean PSG should be mid table?

Or does it simply mean for Everton that because we didnt spend in transfer fees we shouldnt be competing with teams who have inferior players such as:

Watford, Wolves, QPR and soon Brentford ?

Even with injuries, we have better players overall than those teams.

I wonder if Man City would be mid table if they didnt spend next summer...

...actually I dont.
Our first choice eleven is ok. Beyond that we struggle. When you take DCL and Doucoure or Richarlison out, we are on a par with Brentford QPR etc. We are not a team with any depth.

With regards to free signings, I think we made the best we are able to as a club. Better free signings will go to better clubs. We attract mid table players unless we pay over the odds.

We spent the lowest in the PL this summer and didn’t manage to get the backup we needed - still no RB. 12-14 is likely with the squad and investment so far. A relegation battle if nothing changes in summer will ensue.

Watched 2nd half of Solskjaers last game and Van der Beek was actually very good. Hungry for the ball, kept possession well and constantly wanting to go forward.
Think Ole's sacking destroys the chance we could get him on loan til end of season though.

Lad is a good player.

really hope the club go after another winger with the gray injury has shown we need more cover now

I think on the left we stick with Gordon/Gray. Then on the right we really need another player to rotate with Townsend.

Our first choice eleven is ok. Beyond that we struggle. When you take DCL and Doucoure or Richarlison out, we are on a par with Brentford QPR etc. We are not a team with any depth.

With regards to free signings, I think we made the best we are able to as a club. Better free signings will go to better clubs. We attract mid table players unless we pay over the odds.

We spent the lowest in the PL this summer and didn’t manage to get the backup we needed - still no RB. 12-14 is likely with the squad and investment so far. A relegation battle if nothing changes in summer will ensue.

Looking at players ages and providing they all had long enough contracts then for the next 3 seasons we may see:

GK: Pickford
LB: Digne / Nkounkou
CB: Godfrey / Branthwaite
CB: Mina / Welch
RB:
CM: Doucoure / Onyango
CM
LW: Gray / Gordon
AM: Richarlison / Dobbin
RW: Townsend
CF: DCL / Simms

ive thrown in a bunch of kids there who at worst flesh out the squad. We really need to bring a bunch of them through and see if theyre good enough.

A very hard task but if we can do that then the transfer funds we have will go much further in rebuilding the team.

If not then our scouting needs to be focused on a new younger generation that we can mould together into a team.

Sign a right back. I can’t deal with the site of Coleman running away from the others teams goal with the ball anymore.

If the rumours are true and we have £30-35mil to spend id offer £25mil for Livramento on 1st Jan...if they say no then go up to £30mil.

I dont see Southampton turning that down and this boy is going to be a star. I doubt Chelsea activate their buyback option so quickly when they have Reece James.

Saw a rumour of a swap deal Delli Alli for Pickford.

Id take Alli on loan. Stick him at 10 and see how he does.

Status
Not open for further replies.