Everton January 2022 Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we are scraping the barrel now, our recruitment is an absolute shambles, not just Brands the whole recruitment team needs to be replaced

I think Rafael will sign three cloggers to get us out of the mire and back to safety, definitely not long term solutions!

Watch Lingard, Barkley, Longstaff come in on loan to buy deals (Longstaff straight as perm) plus an absolute donkey upfront, to replace the existing tree we have playing there at the moment (Chris Wood or Origi come to mind).

I would hate to be right here.....but!

Yeah I think a CM will be top priority.

Love this sentence - absolutely laced with agenda from counting Longeran who's not even played a game as being "unsuccessful" to assuming signing 5x players for a grand total of £1.7 million is in anyway a stick to beat the manager with in terms of spotting an eye for talent.

Great work Zat mate lol

But although we spent £1.7m on those 5 players, 2 are good yes but don`t forget we are paying wages of c£100k a week for the 3 that aren`t really much use to us on a matchday, which is kind of pointless.

Just playing devils advocate....

We need urgent reinforcements and if we are still up the Profit and Sustainability creek without a paddle then we are going have to be creative and look to move some players on to make room for some loans.

Brands should be looking at players who are contributing nothing to the first team like Gbamin and Holgate as players that we might be able to loan out (or sell preferably in Holgates' case) to try and get a right back in and a centre mid who we can actually get on the pitch.

It's no good just hoping our injured players come back in. As we saw with Gray yesterday we will always get injuries until we manage to get a competent medical department up and running. There's every chance until we do that there's more injuries to come so we need much better squad depth. I'd rather have a man sent off than having to make a forced substitution and bring Iwobi on.

We need urgent reinforcements and if we are still up the Profit and Sustainability creek without a paddle then we are going have to be creative and look to move some players on to make room for some loans.

Brands should be looking at players who are contributing nothing to the first team like Gbamin and Holgate as players that we might be able to loan out (or sell preferably in Holgates' case) to try and get a right back in and a centre mid who we can actually get on the pitch.

It's no good just hoping our injured players come back in. As we saw with Gray yesterday we will always get injuries until we manage to get a competent medical department up and running. There's every chance until we do that there's more injuries to come so we need much better squad depth. I'd rather have a man sent off than having to make a forced substitution and bring Iwobi on.
I think Benitez made a fair point yesterday that because of the level of injuries our fit players get overloaded with minutes and run a greater risk of injuring themselves.

But when the alternatives are Iwobi and Rondon what can you do?!

Going back to points I made before, we should be cutting our losses on players such as Rondon, Tosun, Iwobi, Davies, Gbamin, Gomes, Iceland, Delph, Holgate, Kenny, Begovic and Lonergan. Even if we move them on to other clubs on free transfers we should.

The way I see it, yes we spent alot of money signing them BUT if we keep these Jan to June it will cost us c£20m in wages. Even if they all go on a free we save £20m, if we can get a fee that is a bonus.

Need to draw a line under some of these poor buys, the trouble is I don`t trust this club to bring in players that wont be exactly that again. Yes you are going to get some transfers that don`t turn out how we expect but not to the level we do....

I`m in the camp that U23 players should be used as back up instead of aging geriatrics we have on a lot more wages.

No money should be given to the manager in January. We need a clear out in the summer and can't afford to add any more rubbish players beforehand

Having this same squad for the entire season gives me the fear. Not that I disagree. Sensible, below the age of 25, signings or gtfo

Status
Not open for further replies.