Everton January 2022 Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we spend £30mil without selling players then it will be yet another low for the club.

All we should be focused on is getting 50% of the squad out.

What is actually sellable though, that you’d actually want to sell.

Iwobi? Would we even get £10m?
Davies? £5m?
Gomes? £10m

When you sign turds, you can’t polish them.

Outside of Pickford, DCL, Richarlison and Doucoure we’ve got very few assets.

Take a look at players out of contract the next 2 summers.

We get the deadwood out on frees/low transfer fees and bring in the low cost transfers.

Not sure why we would spend under Benitez?

Hes made 5 signings already of which 2 have been successful.
Bit harsh on the signings the other three basically squad fillers. Plus you cant judge benitez with signings having spent nothing in terms of prem spending.

What is actually sellable though, that you’d actually want to sell.

Iwobi? Would we even get £10m?
Davies? £5m?
Gomes? £10m

When you sign turds, you can’t polish them.

Outside of Pickford, DCL, Richarlison and Doucoure we’ve got very few assets.

Pickford, Digne, Nkounkou, Branthwaite, Godfrey, Mina, Gray, Gordon, Doucoure, Richarlison, DCL should all have their contracts extended.

Thats 50% of a squad.

Move on the others for anything we can get for them. Then use the January window to sign u21s and do pre contract agreements.

If we spend £30mil without selling players then it will be yet another low for the club.

All we should be focused on is getting 50% of the squad out.

I think we are scraping the barrel now, our recruitment is an absolute shambles, not just Brands the whole recruitment team needs to be replaced

I think Rafael will sign three cloggers to get us out of the mire and back to safety, definitely not long term solutions!

Watch Lingard, Barkley, Longstaff come in on loan to buy deals (Longstaff straight as perm) plus an absolute donkey upfront, to replace the existing tree we have playing there at the moment (Chris Wood or Origi come to mind).

I would hate to be right here.....but!

I think we are scraping the barrel now, our recruitment is an absolute shambles, not just Brands the whole recruitment team needs to be replaced

I think Rafael will sign three cloggers to get us out of the mire and back to safety, definitely not long term solutions!

Watch Lingard, Barkley, Longstaff come in on loan to buy deals (Longstaff straight as perm) plus an absolute donkey upfront, to replace the existing tree we have playing there at the moment (Chris Wood or Origi come to mind).

I would hate to be right here.....but!
would be typical everton that like longstaff i would have no problem if we sell davies let delph go and bring another cm in with him. Agree this is the time recruitment is key will show the clubs aims, jan we prob wont have much money again so will be pretty much as you said loans. But in the summer is key the club get the right players in

We can sign players who are out of contract. There are plenty of good ones coming available.

He hasnt spent £1.7mil.

Dearie me...agenda driven?!?!?!

Of course Lonergan, Rondon and Begovic are flops.

Just a quick question, how can we say a third/fourth choice keeper is a flop, when he is employed as cover, which is exactly what he has done. He was never getting minutes. Bergovic was brought in as he is happy to sit on the bench, he was brought in as cover and the odd cup game.

Rondon is certainly correct though, worst since Brett Angel!

Just a quick question, how can we say a third/fourth choice keeper is a flop, when he is employed as cover, which is exactly what he has done. He was never getting minutes. Bergovic was brought in as he is happy to sit on the bench, he was brought in as cover and the odd cup game.

Rondon is certainly correct though, worst since Brett Angel!

None of them, as all three are very poor!

Didn't Man City have Richard Wright as their back up a couple of seasons ago?

Weve been told that the club has no money to use due to profit and sustainability rules.

However, we didnt make any sales (post Benitez) and decided to sign Gray + Townsend which made sense (in hindsight) due to the positions they play.

To then sign Rondon continues to be a mystery to me.

Topping it off with two backup keepers when we had Virginia and Tyrer at the club that would cost a fraction of the wages.

Its very poor recruitment on 3/5 players.

Take a look at players out of contract the next 2 summers.

We get the deadwood out on frees/low transfer fees and bring in the low cost transfers.

Not sure why we would spend under Benitez?

Hes made 5 signings already of which 2 have been successful.
Completely ridiculous comparison.

Benitez can’t be above criticism, but if you use this as an argument, you render yourself pointless. Hit transfers have to be weighed against the budget and the financ of al mess we are in.

We were the lowest spending team in the Premiership. What do joy think that buys us?

Completely ridiculous comparison.

Benitez can’t be above criticism, but if you use this as an argument, you render yourself pointless. Hit transfers have to be weighed against the budget and the financ of al mess we are in.

We were the lowest spending team in the Premiership. What do joy think that buys us?

In that case could you explain how PSG signed Messi, Donnarumma, Ramos and Wijnaldum on "frees" with Mendes on loan for 0 cost?

Im confident theres a cost there.

Does that mean PSG should be mid table?

Or does it simply mean for Everton that because we didnt spend in transfer fees we shouldnt be competing with teams who have inferior players such as:

Watford, Wolves, QPR and soon Brentford ?

Even with injuries, we have better players overall than those teams.

I wonder if Man City would be mid table if they didnt spend next summer...

...actually I dont.

Status
Not open for further replies.