Everton January 2022 Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wouldn’t you? Everton at the moment is a slowly sinking ship getting further and further away from being able to challenge for anything in his playing lifetime. We say we want the club to have ambition. Can’t blame players for having ambition of their own when the club doesn’t show it, or at least hasn’t shown the competence to execute against it. Suspect he’s off after the season along with Digne and a couple others.
Part of me wouldn't mind a bit of a shake up, but I have no faith at all in us actually doing some good recruitment.

When I look at Digne it looks like he just hates being here.

Oh he defo is doing more defending but after that stellar first season he just seems to have drifted off which is kind of the story with his overall career if you look at it. I just think that maybe he is not quite as good as we all thought.
Hes not baines, who for me is the best I've seen at Everton. His defending is questionable, but the way we play puts a lot of pressure on our back line. His best work is attacking. Let him push up.

Part of me wouldn't mind a bit of a shake up, but I have no faith at all in us actually doing some good recruitment.

When I look at Digne it looks like he just hates being here.
Yes we’d surely be wasteful if we did have significant funds again. No reason to believe otherwise.

I feel like Digne knows his strength is going forward and he doesn’t have that freedom anymore with Benitez. Painful to say but going somewhere like Wolves where he can play as a wingback and get up and down makes more sense for him given how we’ve been setting up this season. I bet he ends up back in France though with someone like Marseille or Lyon.

Not exactly, as Charlie can both run and score goals. I’ve yet to see rondon move or have a shot on target, let alone score a goal.

You've obviously never seen charlie Austin play coz he couldn't run in his prime let alone when he's 33 and can't get in a championship qpr side lol

You've obviously never seen charlie Austin play coz he couldn't run in his prime let alone when he's 33 and can't get in a championship qpr side lol
:coffee:

Attachments

• 656064C5-09F9-4AD2-A163-F81704B574E4.jpeg
    656064C5-09F9-4AD2-A163-F81704B574E4.jpeg
    69.2 KB · Views: 68
Is this not the exact thinking that left us with Rondon in the first place?

Personally I'd rather get a young up and comer from the championship with a bit about them.

Ben Diaz is on a free in the summer so you could probably get him in on the cheap in January. Hes got 14 goals in 18 games this season and hes 22.

Kolo muani in ligue 1 contract up in the summer as well 13 goals and 11 assists in 56 games in the league. 4 goals and 3 assists in 13 apperences this season and 22.

You could probably get both if them for around 10m in January and it would vastly improve our side but I suppose that would require our scouting network to have a brain. We'll probably end up with Pelle.
Nobody at Everton is doing anything close to as much research as you've just demonstrated.

Rondon is here because Benitez knows him. That's how it works at this club.

Status
Not open for further replies.