Everton January 2022 Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the Simms contract was to protect the asset. If he was Premier league quality at all. he would have been playing by now. I mean ... Rondon has started how many games. I think we will sell him to a championship team or a newly promoted team as back up in the summer.
Possibly who knows he could be loaned out again. Tbh mate I don't like most of our first team players I would try youngsters over them every day

think we will be after the lad at rangers again for rb and hope to agree a deal for 10 mill or so. Do agree with simms and dobbin i would be giving them ago now after seeing iwobi come from the bench they could offer more

And replacing him with a defender who has only played for barca reserve team if he doed go we need to replace with proven quality
But even if we’re forced to sell Mina, I can also see Holgate going. Personally I’d sell Keane to.

But maybe with Keane, Godfrey a new first choice CB. This Spanish kid as 4th choice. Welch part of the squad. And Branthwaite sent out on loan

Well get his contract sorted then.

How much money are we getting for him in the summer do you reckon? As we look woeful without him, and I'll be frank, I have very little faith we will adequately replace him.

He maybe doesnt want to extend because we are crap.

Yes perhaps. I cant imagine the change of manager has helped either, or Benitez love for Michael Keane.

I think we are fortunate, I cant see many wanting to pay him 120k per week.

But he maybe refusing a new deal or wants a much better deal than he has now. I rate Mina but is he really worth a new 5yr deal on maybe 6.5mil a year, when he misses a 3rd of the season every year.

But even if we’re forced to sell Mina, I can also see Holgate going. Personally I’d sell Keane to.

But maybe with Keane, Godfrey a new first choice CB. This Spanish kid as 4th choice. Welch part of the squad. And Branthwaite sent out on loan

There has to be a decision made today on Mina.

If he isnt planning on signing a new contract then we have no choice but to sell him.

How much do we get for a player with 12-18 months on his contract that is top class but injury prone?

My guess would be £15-20mil due to his wages being £100k+.

Sounds like he wants to play in Italy next so we'd be best served in trying to put together a swap deal with one of the Italian clubs.

I would sell mina i rate him but just has too many injuries and misses too many games. Then is the travelling for international games, as othhers have said id sell all of the cb except godfrey. Is an area we do need to improve on badly need a leader at cb

think we will be after the lad at rangers again for rb and hope to agree a deal for 10 mill or so. Do agree with simms and dobbin i would be giving them ago now after seeing iwobi come from the bench they could offer more

And replacing him with a defender who has only played for barca reserve team if he doed go we need to replace with proven quality

If we signed Patterson from Rangers for £10mil and also Arnau Comas for free from Barcelona then thats potentially very good business.

At the start of next season we would have:

LB: Nkounkou (21)
CB: Branthwaite (20)
CB: Comas (22)
CB: Godfrey (24)
RB: Patterson (20)

Thats potentially a good base of young players in the squad to build a foundation from.

LB: Digne (29)
CB: Mina (27)
CB: Keane (29)
CB: Holgate (25)
RB: Coleman (33)

I think we are at a point now where as much as I like Digne and Mina they need to be sold. The other 3 simply must be moved on as well.

Id be FAR more comfortable than now if we signed Patterson + Comas in Jan (or two other similar profile young players) and then moved on those 5 players in Jan/summer.

Then bring in a LB + CB + RB with the funds of those 5 sales.

We'd be actually building a long term foundation and removing alot of our problens in two windows.

If we signed Patterson from Rangers for £10mil and also Arnau Comas for free from Barcelona then thats potentially very good business.

At the start of next season we would have:

LB: Nkounkou (21)
CB: Branthwaite (20)
CB: Comas (22)
CB: Godfrey (24)
RB: Patterson (20)

Thats potentially a good base of young players in the squad to build a foundation from.

LB: Digne (29)
CB: Mina (27)
CB: Keane (29)
CB: Holgate (25)
RB: Coleman (33)

I think we are at a point now where as much as I like Digne and Mina they need to be sold. The other 3 simply must be moved on as well.

Id be FAR more comfortable than now if we signed Patterson + Comas in Jan (or two other similar profile young players) and then moved on those 5 players in Jan/summer.

Then bring in a LB + CB + RB with the funds of those 5 sales.

We'd be actually building a long term foundation and removing alot of our problens in two windows.
Who is Comas and if he is so good why would he want to come here?

I get the idea you want us to sign youth but we are building nothing with the manager we have now & with our best players likely to be sold we will barely be mid table

Who is Comas and if he is so good why would he want to come here?

I get the idea you want us to sign youth but we are building nothing with the manager we have now & with our best players likely to be sold we will barely be mid table

Barcelona reserve centre back were linked with. Tall, ball player and thats all i know...adding him in response to a post mentioning him.

If you take it that we have a squad of 23 players then we 'could' actually keep 13 or 14 players from our existing setup and have an extremely youthful squad.

Then add 5 or 6 on top of that to add experience and quality.

They're enough free transfers available for the summer that we should be all in on them

Ginter, Sule and Romagnoli for CB
Kessie, Zakaria and Kamara for CM

We should be focused on bringing in some of them.

I think the Simms contract was to protect the asset. If he was Premier league quality at all. he would have been playing by now. I mean ... Rondon has started how many games. I think we will sell him to a championship team or a newly promoted team as back up in the summer.
This isn't the first time this line of thinking has come up but for me part of being PL quality is being given ample chances when you're knocking on the door. We never do that and so no one ever comes through. We then talk about never developing players. It is all a bit self fulfilling.

Status
Not open for further replies.