Everton January 2022 Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Club is floundering on the brink and people are discussing swapping Pickford for Dele Alli and signing a reserve centre half who can’t even get a game for a horrendous Barcelona. Hope we get relegated.
Pickford for Dele Alli missed that one but if some fans are suggesting that I am glad we have Brands at the club

But even if we’re forced to sell Mina, I can also see Holgate going. Personally I’d sell Keane to.

But maybe with Keane, Godfrey a new first choice CB. This Spanish kid as 4th choice. Welch part of the squad. And Branthwaite sent out on loan

From what I gather, everyone is super high on Branthwaite.

Who is Comas and if he is so good why would he want to come here?

I get the idea you want us to sign youth but we are building nothing with the manager we have now & with our best players likely to be sold we will barely be mid table

Barca B captain. Xavi is a big fan of his and theres talks of him being called up to the main squad. Leicester are also interested in him.

We have a small window of opportunity with this one. We can get him on a free in a few weeks time.

If we signed Patterson from Rangers for £10mil and also Arnau Comas for free from Barcelona then thats potentially very good business.

At the start of next season we would have:

LB: Nkounkou (21)
CB: Branthwaite (20)
CB: Comas (22)
CB: Godfrey (24)
RB: Patterson (20)

Thats potentially a good base of young players in the squad to build a foundation from.

LB: Digne (29)
CB: Mina (27)
CB: Keane (29)
CB: Holgate (25)
RB: Coleman (33)

I think we are at a point now where as much as I like Digne and Mina they need to be sold. The other 3 simply must be moved on as well.

Id be FAR more comfortable than now if we signed Patterson + Comas in Jan (or two other similar profile young players) and then moved on those 5 players in Jan/summer.

Then bring in a LB + CB + RB with the funds of those 5 sales.

We'd be actually building a long term foundation and removing alot of our problens in two windows.
Keane, Holgate and Coleman not going anywhere on those wages, they could only go to Championship clubs, maybe Keane lower Prem club.

I dont think we can refer to Rondon as 'fit' either but he has been getting games and may well do against Brentford.

Rondon has been "fit" but just isnt sharpe as he didn't have a pre-season so isnt trained up to the levels required to play in the prem (tbh I doubt he has it in his legs anymore anyway) but simms has been injured, as in not medically fit to play.

Mina will be given a new deal if he returns from injury and can prove his fitness and now that Benitez has "improved" our backroom staff he is a shoe in to get injured

Think so? I reckon he'll probably fancy moving to Italy as the rumours suggest.

I cant really think of a good reason for any of our top players to want to stay...
Better wages at Everton (and other PL clubs) than on offer at other clubs.

Mina isn't going to one of the big Spanish clubs, Bayern, Juventus, Inter or PSG.

He might be Seville, Valencia, Marseille, Wolfsburg, Lazio type level. All of which probably can't pay as much in wages as Everton.

Better wages at Everton (and other PL clubs) than on offer at other clubs.

Mina isn't going to one of the big Spanish clubs, Bayern, Juventus, Inter or PSG.

He might be Seville, Valencia, Marseille, Wolfsburg, Lazio type level. All of which probably can't pay as much in wages as Everton.

My guess would be Milan or Fiorentina.

Status
Not open for further replies.