Relegation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well this same squad were closer to the Top 4 than relegation last season so if we are struggling come Christmas then the manager just sucks arse doesn't he.

Looking forward to the next manager coming in and returning the players to their rightful place battling for the top 4. Not as if last season was a complete anomaly in every single way or anything.

We won't get relegated. The FSW will get the boot around Christmas and we'll cobble together enough okish results under whoever takes over to get our normal mediocre lower mid-table finish. Hell even if Benitez somehow survives to see the season out we'll still limp to a 13th to 14th place type finish.

You’ve just effectively said these players are too good to be in a relegation battle because they were battling for top 4 in training sessions in front of empty seats at this stage last season?

I said we were closer to the top 4 then relegation last season with this squad.

So why are people saying we're going to get relegated this season? Just how good are Brentford, Norwich and Watford?

Just how crap is Benitez compared to Ancelotti?

The ingredients are there, crap spineless squad of players managed by an over the hill dinosaur of a manager and an utter fruit loop of an owner calling the shots
We've had a fruit loop in Kenwright for a good 20 years calling the shots before Moshiri came in and have had plenty of spineless players during that time too.

I said we were closer to the top 4 then relegation last season with this squad.

So why are people saying we're going to get relegated this season? Just how good are Brentford, Norwich and Watford?

Just how crap is Benitez compared to Ancelotti?

Well last season was 38 training sessions so I think what we’re seeing now is more a reflection of where this squad is in comparison to others. There’s 2 players in our squad that any team above us would touch with a barge pole. Not many of the starting XI last night would interest the likes of Burnley and Southampton if they were available on frees.

Not this year

Not next year

But i wouldn't be suprised if we are in 19th and several points adrift in Jan 2024

Well last season was 38 training sessions so I think what we’re seeing now is more a reflection of where this squad is in comparison to others. There’s 2 players in our squad that any team above us would touch with a barge pole. Not many of the starting XI last night would interest the likes of Burnley and Southampton if they were available on frees.

We're still not going to get relegated.

I don't think we will go down because if we get our full team out we will pick up enough points, but the season is a nothing mid table at best bottom half is realism. Also the next six look horrendous RB could very well be gone after the derby unless he changes something.

Nor me.

On the plus side, I think the trap door will be well below forty points this season.
Probably only need 34-35 points, hence why we won’t go down, even this shower can pick up another 20 points.

Where I do agree with posters thinking about relegation is that we do have the smell of a side who could go one year. Terrible transfer strategy, lots of managers, spine of a weasel side etc..

Status
Not open for further replies.