2021/22 James Rodriguez

Status
Not open for further replies.

The reason I said it is there are all these stories around, the end of last season when he left to join Columbia, the Alan Myers post and other gossip. I understand why people would take that stance or they may simply not rate him or they could be just wanting to wind other blues up or maybe he was a sulky arse with a attitude.

right or wrong I rated him and when he did play well (most of that was very early in the season tbh ) he gave me the excitement I got from watching a Limpar or Kanchelskis type player years ago and was clearly a step up to what we have particularly technically.

In what way have strangers on Internet forums typing mean things had any bearing on whether he stays at Everton or not?

It doesn't have any bearing, the amount of abuse aimed at the lad for literally nothing is ridiculous, that was the point I was trying to make (and probably shouldn't have used 'hounded out') and not that those with the hatred and fume have forced him out.

It was quite weird that some people thought he was staying at the club this season after Ancelotti left.

Not really, he's been at more clubs without Ancelotti than with.

I'm sure he wanted to leave, said it all along. He also probably wasn't that arsed if he stayed until Jan or next summer.

You don't weaken your squad when you can't bring anyone in unless you're desperate financially. Given we've done just that, then it's pretty clear we're desperate financially. So it'd be nice if those strangers on the internet directed their anger at where it actually needs directing - the running of the club.

Not really, he's been at more clubs without Ancelotti than with.

I'm sure he wanted to leave, said it all along. He also probably wasn't that arsed if he stayed until Jan or next summer.

You don't weaken your squad when you can't bring anyone in unless you're desperate financially. Given we've done just that, then it's pretty clear we're desperate financially. So it'd be nice if those strangers on the internet directed their anger at where it actually needs directing - the running of the club.

Yeah, Bayern Munich and Real Madrid. As if he’d have even heard of Everton if Ancelotti wasn’t managing us. If you’d made your peace with the fact that he wasn’t going to play another competitive game for us on the day Ancelotti left like most of us did, your heart wouldn’t be aching quite as much.

Yeah, Bayern Munich and Real Madrid. As if he’d have even heard of Everton if Ancelotti wasn’t managing us. If you’d made your peace with the fact that he wasn’t going to play another competitive game for us on the day Ancelotti left like most of us did, your heart wouldn’t be aching quite as much.

Porto, Monaco. He's spent in total 2.5 seasons of the last 8, since his move from Porto, under Carlo.

My heart isn't aching about him leaving. It's what him leaving right now says about Everton that annoys me.

Had he gone in the window, and we'd replaced him, then you move on.

Porto, Monaco. He's spent in total 2.5 seasons of the last 8, since his move from Porto, under Carlo.

My heart isn't aching about him leaving. It's what him leaving right now says about Everton that annoys me.

Had he gone in the window, and we'd replaced him, then you move on.

Haha well yeah, Porto and Monaco, two of the biggest clubs in their countries that win trophies and play in the Champions League. I.e. not Everton.

He didn’t go in the window because we couldn’t find anyone who wanted him that could also afford him.

I agree here but I just hate how the club is run mate. I don't hate a lot of things, but I hate how much of a mess it is.

And it's the narrative too. Everton, pumping all of that energy into the promotion of the signing, making (rightly) such a big deal of it, marketing in the US and Colombia and all that. Amazing stuff.

And then it all ends in a three-paragraph statement on the website, and Everton go back to being little old Everton and we get a pat on the head.

Whereas actually, five years into a billionaire's tenure, and 3 years into a DoF's tenure, when the whole thing has been about trying to challenge the elite and not be also-rans, we should absolutely be in a position to afford a £150-200k a week player to do just that. Yet, because of previous mistakes, we can't, and not only that, we've gone and hired the one manager in world football who was probably alright with the club helping James out of the door.

Its a pity rep is no more, very much exactly mate.

The club is a basket case.

All the best James, gutted it never worked out and we absolutely had to punt you when we have no option to replace - brilliant football logic that.

Everton will get the club, manager and players we deserve with some of the whoppers who "support" us.

Any Evertonian who doesn't want to watch skillful players (even injury prone ones) doing their thing in the royal blue, and would sooner have lads who run about a lot and work hard, like Kenny, iwobi etc, need to take a review of our clubs illustrious history and what it should mean and why we were once called the school of science.

Those are the values I was brought up on - seems many of you are willing to sell them out.
Hi Mate, under the manager's tenure it has been requested that we drop this historical descriptor in favour of the new aims and objectives. For future reference please refer to Benetiz Everton as The School Of Running Around About A Lot. ?

Status
Not open for further replies.