2021/22 James Rodriguez

Status
Not open for further replies.

It's not about loving it but did say a few times he wasn't adverse to staying at Everton.

The club and benitez wanted him out more than he wanted out, I firmly believe that

I firmly believe he wanted out midway through last season. I actually think he’d still have gone even if Ancelotti stayed, that just rubber stamped it.

I'm not saying he's an Everton fan, mate or we are the club of his dreams. Actually I don't like his behaviour outside the pitch, but all he wanted was game time. And I doubt any other manager would prefer Iwobi, Gomes, Davis or even an empty seat on the bench over him

I don’t think Benitez would prefer those options either. Honestly believe it’s a combination of the club wanting his wages off the books, James not wanting to be here, and Benitez seeing him in training and pre-season and realising his head is elsewhere. Once it became clear that he didn’t want to be here I don’t really blame the manager for keeping him away from the dressing room in all honesty. An unhappy player is no good to anyone, regardless of how talented they are.

Status
Not open for further replies.