2021/22 Anthony Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel like you'd know if a player had the attributes to be a successful Premier League player, by this stage.

He's only 20, but I feel he's consistently nervous, goes missing in games, and I think lacks the end product. But that said, compared to some of the charlatans we have in our squad, I'd keep him around, purely because he still does have that upside and I'd love him to prove me wrong, cause he's a top lad off the pitch.

only the totally clueless would say he was garbage.
This.

Did look a little unfit to me tho. Several times he made a burst forward, or took a player on, then once he passed the ball seemed to be resting/staying away from the play for a moment. Could have just been that he thought there were better options on, but it seemed to happen a few times.

Subjective call but I'd rather see Gordon coming off the bench than Kean or Bernard.

It'll be interesting to see what career Gordon has.

Not sure I'd back him to achieve more than what Kean will.

He certainly won't have the career Walcott has had.

Early days, maybe some routine/regular games and he'll kick on - just not seen anything in his game.

It'll be interesting to see what career Gordon has.

Not sure I'd back him to achieve more than what Kean will.

He certainly won't have the career Walcott has had.

Early days, maybe some routine/regular games and he'll kick on - just not seen anything in his game.

Well I never suggested he'd have the career Walcott has had, for obvious reasons, but the Walcott we had was marginally more effective.

Not calling Gordon a world beater but I can see why he'd ask the question considering how poor that bench was. Plus it depends how you read the quotes from Carlo; he doesn't seem the kid to bang on the door asking why he wasn't in the squad. I'd have thought it was more of a "what can I do better to get into the squad" which is fine by me.

I feel like you'd know if a player had the attributes to be a successful Premier League player, by this stage.

He's only 20, but I feel he's consistently nervous, goes missing in games, and I think lacks the end product. But that said, compared to some of the charlatans we have in our squad, I'd keep him around, purely because he still does have that upside and I'd love him to prove me wrong, cause he's a top lad off the pitch.
Bollocks we have been crap at giving youth a go for a while. Yet we are happy to watch w£@# like Davies and Iwobie trying to...well what do they do? Small left as he wasn't going to get a shot ever and most/all of our kids will just fade away!

You will be proven right as we are just simply a make up the numbers club that needs it's prem money and doesn't dare give a youth player a run of games.

Never seen anything to his game to understand why he felt he was able to bang on Ancelotti's door asking why he wasn't involved vs Spurs.

Reminds me of Kieran Dowell.

Probs because Walcott, Kean and Bernard all made the bench over him. I'd be pissed too.

Well I never suggested he'd have the career Walcott has had, for obvious reasons, but the Walcott we had was marginally more effective.

Not calling Gordon a world beater but I can see why he'd ask the question considering how poor that bench was. Plus it depends how you read the quotes from Carlo; he doesn't seem the kid to bang on the door asking why he wasn't in the squad. I'd have thought it was more of a "what can I do better to get into the squad" which is fine by me.

Again though - you said he should of been pissed because Walcott, Kean and Bernard all made the bench over him.

As you've since said, Walcott is more effective.

Kean will go on to have a better career than Gordon - I can see why he was in the squad ahead of him.

And Bernard? Was never a big fan but I'd rather him over Gordon too.

I've not seen anything to Gordon's game so far for Everton that makes me think he's anything more than Kieran Dowell. Hope he starts to show something when given the opportunity. We'll see.

Again though - you said he should of been pissed because Walcott, Kean and Bernard all made the bench over him.

As you've since said, Walcott is more effective.

Kean will go on to have a better career than Gordon - I can see why he was in the squad ahead of him.

And Bernard? Was never a big fan but I'd rather him over Gordon too.

I've not seen anything to Gordon's game so far for Everton that makes me think he's anything more than Kieran Dowell. Hope he starts to show something when given the opportunity. We'll see.

Would you bring Kean or Gordon on from the bench if you needed an attacking option? Based on what we've seen of both so far.

Would you bring Kean or Gordon on from the bench if you needed an attacking option? Based on what we've seen of both so far.

100% Moise Kean. We cannot honestly be saying we'd rather have Gordon than Kean. Kean at least scored a few goals and was a regular for PSG last season and is for Juve this season.

Gordon will need to put a lot of work in to ensure he has a career in the top flight.

Status
Not open for further replies.