2021/22 Anthony Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gordon is decent but needs to believe in himself more. Give the ball and get into space and deliver. He tends to have a great dribble then play a nothing pass. Needs to stand up and be counted.

The only positive thing from the game.

Could have scored early on, good save. Looked calm on ball, linked up well with Digne.

Still needs to work on strength, but only the totally clueless would say he was garbage.

I like how he attacks. Always looks to go forward.

I don't know if it was just tonight or not but his first touch was shocking. Trampoline shins all over the place.

Well took pen.

The only positive thing from the game.

Could have scored early on, good save. Looked calm on ball, linked up well with Digne.

Still needs to work on strength, but only the totally clueless would say he was garbage.
I don't think he was a positive

Games always pass him by, then he will look ok for 1 singular attack

Then back to just passing him by

Influences the game very little for an attacking player

I feel similar for him as I did with Dowell (and Sigurdsson ffs). He needs to find a way to get more involved. There are bright moments, but you have to influence the game. Do think he needs more opportunities (or a loan at the very least). Needs game time.

Showed enough, at age 20, in one of a handful of starts he has had in the last 12 months, that he is at least worth persisting.

I'm hardly convinced, but I'd like to see him given a chance to prove himself.

He is tidy, has pace, linked up well, so has some creativity. Clearly lacking size at the moment.

A small ray of light from a dark evening.

Why do the Echo defend this lad, last night he was a nothing player, no trouble to QPR defence everything we created came down Townsend side, the lad couldn't get in Preston team, even that is not his level.
The Echo saying it was a positive from the team last night ye right.

As some have said on here the lad is crap it's that simple, will never make it at this level

Another of those players who's better off never actually playing, so the myth around him can continue to build and all our hopes put on him. Then he gets on the pitch and ruins it all by actually being a bit crap.

I'll just point out that the "he's crap" shouts were being thrown around about DCL too until he was about 23

He might never come good, but he's worth sticking with. There is a bit of actual natural talent there, but he needs to play. DCL was played in our 1st team for a couple of years despite not being the required level. We won't do that with Gordon, so he needs a good loan or two.

Status
Not open for further replies.