2021/22 James Rodriguez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Absolutely fine by me.

Let's try and make this real life stuff.......

You work 5 days a week in your job as a bricklayer ...... You are on £20 per hour. The boss brings in his nephew who is on £35 per hour, does a great job when he feels like it, goes missing, takes sickies and puts pics up of him jetting off whilst you are knee deep in mud trying to finish a house.

The boss leaves for a new company and little nephew is still getting his £35 per hour...... New boss comes in and doesn't like this. Recognises he needs all hands to the pump, let's the nephew go and brings in 2 hard workers for £18 an hour who barely miss a days work and help the lads out.
Not the same. Rondon hasn't played since May, is clearly not match fit at all and has been brought in on a higher wage wage the majority of the team as a back up striker.

In this scenario, dcl is on £20 an hour as a hard working main employee, and we have brought someone in to support him but pay him £30 an hour.

Think we are under strict orders or rather threat from the PL in all honesty reduce your costs by so much or look like you have a plan to - or else this is the sanction. We would have had to give them our projected losses back in March they are well aware of our historical and projected loss.

From reliable accounts we have quite a good relationship with the PL which is why it's been able to get as far as it has. Probably why we thought we had some wiggle room to go for Diaz late in the window, as long as we could get James off the books.

yeah he is leaving

but rumor is Colombia coach told him he needs minutes to play for the NT

he must know he is not getting any under Rafael for him to make such a drastic decision

my guess is he will go there and hope to look good for Colombia and then go somewhere as a free agent next season???
Looking good in Qatar? LOL. He would look better In a walking football league!

Would you sign a player recovering from a serious knee injury?

You can't apply the same logic to the players. Tosun is one of the worst signings we've made over the last 10 years. I knew after 20 minutes he wasn't good enough when he couldn't keep up with Rooney when we tried to break at Spurs. But the idea we should all be screaming for him to be moved on is just stupid. No one in their right mind will sign a player with a cruciate knee injury.
That last bit brought back memories of Alessandro Pistone. Injured himself in the warm up before his first appearance, and after he played the first 7 minutes had to be replaced and seemed to spend a good part of his 4 year deal recovering from one injury after another. He was released when his contract expired but when we weren't able to sign a replacement gave him the 2 year deal he was looking for and got injured again.

It’s seems obvious Rafael doesn’t want him, doesn’t want to play him and wants him gone. Given the FFP position and his wages can’t imagine the club were/are to upset by that position.

Don’t think James has really said or done anything wrong here. just acted like a player who’s been told they’re not wanted, not going to get a game and club will offload if at all possible.

All the cloak and dagger stuff from the club and the embarrassing press conferences where Benitez literally can’t change the subject of James quick enough suggests this is all being driven by him and the club. If it was James demanding to leave that would be an easy “out” to explain to the press and fans.

Would have been best for all parties if he’d got a move and Rafael got to bring in someone he wanted but he didn’t.

When the window closed, a pragmatist might have just accepted the situation for what it was and made use of James for the season or at least until January. Looking at that team and bench against Villa nobody can say James wouldn’t be worth a place in that team or on the bench. The options are so limited.

How many other games will we hear Rafael bemoaning a lack of quality/decision making with the final ball or lack of attacking options this season?

That's how it should be, yes. But plenty of evidence to show that's not how it was. Just depends what you believe. Current players coming out and saying he is training hard and fit, or sections of the media who have changed their stories several times about how much he is paid etc.
Well exactly.

He was in training videos seen before the game.

Then the manager says it was the player who came out and said he didn't feel right.

You may believe that, you may not.

The player hasn't been shy about sharing updates in the past so if the manager was flat out telling lies I'm quite sure he'd have countered it.

From reliable accounts we have quite a good relationship with the PL which is why it's been able to get as far as it has. Probably why we thought we had some wiggle room to go for Diaz late in the window, as long as we could get James off the books.

I think the ESL came into play to mate, if they peicemealed fines for the scab six then the optics look really bad nailing us. Covid will come into play to, while the efforts we are making now im sure will come into play.

be interesting the thought that crossed my head, is would the fine be worth it, i suppose it would depend on the scale and optics of our losses.

I think the ESL came into play to mate, if they peicemealed fines for the scab six then the optics look really bad nailing us. Covid will come into play to, while the efforts we are making now im sure will come into play.

be interesting the thought that crossed my head, is would the fine be worth it, i suppose it would depend on the scale and optics of our losses.

COVID has already been taken into account, as clubs can spread losses over 4 years not 3

We all laughed at Mr k before james signed when he said he won't like playing in winter and also will stipulate a break every so often for him when he wants. He's already proven that to be so.

But a gap year in dubai and a kick about with semi pros when he feels like it for leasure. Still on evertons ledger. Thats some going.

Status
Not open for further replies.