2021/22 James Rodriguez

Status
Not open for further replies.
During the window, absolutely yes. It was an economic decision.

Now that the window has shut, maybe not. Other managers might well have tried to integrate him.

if the manager doesn’t fancy him , Which he clearly doesn’t and ships him out during the window to replace him I can definitely see that and in all honesty understand it . To do it in the last weeks of September just feels a little spiteful more that anything.

If it somehow makes Everton stronger then truthfully I’ll take anything , I just want to win footy matches . I don’t really get it with the window shut is all .

How is he being kept from playing?

I'm quite sure that if a player fits the managers system, shows the right attitude and is fit they get a place in the squad.

That's how it should be, and it hopefully motivates those NOT in the squad.

I'm sorry, but you're coming at this from the wrong angle.
That's how it should be, yes. But plenty of evidence to show that's not how it was. Just depends what you believe. Current players coming out and saying he is training hard and fit, or sections of the media who have changed their stories several times about how much he is paid etc.

I am counting him yes, because I'm not aware of any clubs who sign players recovering from a cruciate! Of course he would have left without the injury, but it's impossible to sell players with a serious injury on high wages. Even I wouldn't pin blame on the club or the DOF for that one. He's here until January then he will leave (unless he gets injured again of course....)

We have serious injury and availability issues. James has been part of that over the last 9 months. We need players who are fit and healthy, and need to find out why we get so many injuries. I find it hard to believe it's just all bad luck.
Why aren't we applying the same logic you are there with Tosun to James, then? Because I can guarantee you we'd get better out of James than we would from Tosun in the next three months.

It's not just bad luck. We knew James' issues when we signed him but the club did it anyway. He played more minutes last season in 4/8 years since leaving Porto, so it wasn't that bad comparatively. We were far too reliant on him and this season we could be less reliant on him and thus manage his gametime more effectively, rather than shipping him off to anywhere at any price.

The rest is on our medical department. It's not been good enough for years and if this manager has anything about him more than the others he'd rip it up.

This whole scenario makes me think there is more to it than we know. The fact he was widely reported to be on £100k last year and it is now seemingly £200k. I wonder if his contract stipulated that he would earn x amount year 1 and increase to y year 2. The gamble we made was that we would have European football and release a load of high earners, so it would be affordable. Or alternatively, that a successful season inspired by a resurgent Rodriguez would result in other clubs sniffing around and we could cash in on a nice little earner.

It could also be a case that playing him this season would trigger a payment to Real Madrid, ala Gareth Barry, but perhaps more expensive, and with our financial circumstances, coupled with what happened with Ancelotti, we have instead decided to get rid at all costs.

I had similar suspicions on Bolasie, the way he was left out of squads altogether, that had he played any more games it would trigger a performance related fee or an auto contract extension similar to the 1 Arouna Kone had.

The fact is, we know very little about these deals, how they are structured or the behind the scenes workings.

But the bottom line is, we do not want James here anymore. That much is completely obvious.

if the manager doesn’t fancy him , Which he clearly doesn’t and ships him out during the window to replace him I can definitely see that and in all honesty understand it . To do it in the last weeks of September just feels a little spiteful more that anything.

If it somehow makes Everton stronger then truthfully I’ll take anything , I just want to win footy matches . I don’t really get it with the window shut is all .

It's a financial decision. If he isn't going to be used, then why pay £100k + per week. The wage savings between now and January potentially pay for a loan move.

He's not going to be on any more money than he is here.

Madrid aren't going to come back in for James are they?

You are not looking at the big picture. He earns more money from social media than he does football........ If he isn't involved in football he doesn't earn the £30m a year from insta etc.

He will generate millions from moving to Qatar, he will get a fortune from them for world cup publicity etc.

He was frozen out as we were not prepared to pay someone £200k a week for being too tired to play.

Playing as Qatar's poster boy ahead of the first ever WC in the middle east is not going to just be overlooked.

But the reports are he's not that keen and is having to be convinced.
I’m sure there’ll be literally hundreds of thousands of reasons to convince him.

Why aren't we applying the same logic you are there with Tosun to James, then? Because I can guarantee you we'd get better out of James than we would from Tosun in the next three months.

It's not just bad luck. We knew James' issues when we signed him but the club did it anyway. He played more minutes last season in 4/8 years since leaving Porto, so it wasn't that bad comparatively. We were far too reliant on him and this season we could be less reliant on him and thus manage his gametime more effectively, rather than shipping him off to anywhere at any price.

The rest is on our medical department. It's not been good enough for years and if this manager has anything about him more than the others he'd rip it up.

Would you sign a player recovering from a serious knee injury?

You can't apply the same logic to the players. Tosun is one of the worst signings we've made over the last 10 years. I knew after 20 minutes he wasn't good enough when he couldn't keep up with Rooney when we tried to break at Spurs. But the idea we should all be screaming for him to be moved on is just stupid. No one in their right mind will sign a player with a cruciate knee injury.

It's a financial decision. If he isn't going to be used, then why pay £100k + per week. The wage savings between now and January potentially pay for a loan move.

Think we are under strict orders or rather threat from the PL in all honesty reduce your costs by so much or look like you have a plan to - or else this is the sanction. We would have had to give them our projected losses back in March they are well aware of our historical and projected loss.

Would you sign a player recovering from a serious knee injury?

You can't apply the same logic to the players. Tosun is one of the worst signings we've made over the last 10 years. I knew after 20 minutes he wasn't good enough when he couldn't keep up with Rooney when we tried to break at Spurs. But the idea we should all be screaming for him to be moved on is just stupid. No one in their right mind will sign a player with a cruciate knee injury.
To be fair to tosun, he did all right in that first half season under allardyce. He actually scored the chances he got. He showed he could finish. It just seemed to derail after that and he was exposed in a different system that didn't suit him at all. And if the only system that suits you is allardyces system then you are doomed to fail.

But rondon on his what 100k, I saw 130k mentioned yesterday is fine? Right cool.
Absolutely fine by me.

Let's try and make this real life stuff.......

You work 5 days a week in your job as a bricklayer ...... You are on £20 per hour. The boss brings in his nephew who is on £35 per hour, does a great job when he feels like it, goes missing, takes sickies and puts pics up of him jetting off whilst you are knee deep in mud trying to finish a house.

The boss leaves for a new company and little nephew is still getting his £35 per hour...... New boss comes in and doesn't like this. Recognises he needs all hands to the pump, let's the nephew go and brings in 2 hard workers for £18 an hour who barely miss a days work and help the lads out.

Think we are under strict orders or rather threat from the PL in all honesty reduce your costs by so much or look like you have a plan to - or else this is the sanction. We would have had to give them our projected losses back in March they are well aware of our historical and projected loss.

Don't know if it's got that far, so can't really comment. What I do know is that's it's unsustainable paying enormous wages to older players who contribute little to the squad.

Next summer lots of them are going. Unfortunately most of them for free due to our total inability to sell players.

Come on mate we were cut through like butter last season - West Brom put 2 past us and were all over us until they went a man down, Brighton hammered us 2nd half and could have put more than 2 past us. Liverpool put 2 but should have scored 3, Southampton only won 2-0 but absolutely destroyed us with Ward Prowse having about 5 brilliant chances.

This season we've conceeded 7 goals in 5 games HOWEVER 3 of those goals have been direct unforced errors by 2x defenders (Keane against Saints/Leeds & Dignes OG at Villa). Those goals had nothing to do with the system - we've looked relatively comfortable at the back all season and never really felt like we were being put under the cosh even if we have had spells where we haven't played well.

4 conceeded goals in 5 games is decent.

West brom scored a free kick and a long range effort Pickford should have saved.

Asif you are tryna blame that on Rodriquez hahahahahaha.

We've conceded in every game so for this except one. Why are you making out we are now defending like prime Italy without Rodriguez

Status
Not open for further replies.