2021/22 James Rodriguez

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am really sorry that it is ending this way, I think it is a sad day for the club that we can't find a place for a player like James. The thing is we are skint, to all intents and purposes, and we can't afford to keep him as an impact sub.

This will be the way for the next few years, sell to.buy and Benitez' enthuastic but limited runners keeping us in the prem.

Oh well looks like one of the most talented football players to wear an Everton shirt is off to play football for a team no one has heard of in a country where the fittest football players would struggle to run for 10 minutes without needing an IV drip. Money most certainly is his master.

How does this happen?

Surely Ancellotti would snap him up ....... But he seems to have lost interest in him. That's got nothing to do with our ex kopite manager has it?

Everything seems to point at James. Sad really because what a player he is when he is bothered to play.

Just wants minutes so heads to Qatar. Makes totals sense, that well worn path for players trying to get their careers back on track.
If his desire was to play football and get back into the national side then he has picked the worst possible way to do this.
I am sure there would have been plenty of clubs who would have signed him if the wages were affordable. He could be playing and be seen in a European league at the moment instead of going (possibly) to Qatar which is the graveyard for footballers. He will be well paid I am sure but I doubt money is in short supply for him.

It seems to me he has put money before career.

Far too much reaching there mate you can explain away pretty much any goal lol

There are two types of goals - forced and unforced. You can legislate conceeding from set pieces and players targetting your weak players but you cant from Keane doing what he did from Southampton or Digne scoring an OG from a routine corner.
Haha ffs mate, you can't just spout stuff and not back it up.

Those seven goals there - literally one of them came down James' side or because of the system. One.

You go on about 'forced and unforced' without a hint of irony.

Mina's was an unforced error v Liverpool just like Keane's was against Leeds.
Pickford's was an unforced one against Brighton just like Keane's v S'ton.

Digne scoring an OG from a corner is a problem though isn't it? Why is our smallest defender on the front post? Why is our back up GK completely out of position from the corner? That's down to organisation and coaching mate... So RB needs to sort that.

We had DCL on the front post from corners last season. Why has that now changed to Digne just because DCL is out?

Oh well looks like one of the most talented football players to wear an Everton shirt is off to play football for a team no one has heard of in a country where the fittest football players would struggle to run for 10 minutes without needing an IV drip. Money most certainly is his master.

How does this happen?

Surely Ancellotti would snap him up ....... But he seems to have lost interest in him. That's got nothing to do with our ex kopite manager has it?

Everything seems to point at James. Sad really because what a player he is when he is bothered to play.
He's not going to be on any more money than he is here.

Madrid aren't going to come back in for James are they?

Far too much reaching there mate you can explain away pretty much any goal lol

There are two types of goals - forced and unforced. You can legislate conceeding from set pieces and players targetting your weak players but you cant from Keane doing what he did from Southampton or Digne scoring an OG from a routine corner.
So you can make excuses this season for the manager and blame individual players, but that's not allowed last season such as Allan's or pickfords mistakes that cost goals? As you have said the set piece goals are legislated for etc.

Good rational thinking there. Goals can be explained away as long as its you doing the explaining right

I am really sorry that it is ending this way, I think it is a sad day for the club that we can't find a place for a player like James. The thing is we are skint, to all intents and purposes, and we can't afford to keep him as an impact sub.

This will be the way for the next few years, sell to.buy and Benitez' enthuastic but limited runners keeping us in the prem.

I'm not sorry I'm made up. Sick of our club being drained of money by players who dont care.

Schneiderlein, Gylfi, Delph, mirallas, tosun, niasse, James, Bernard.......... Still a couple more to go I think but we are getting there.

Are you counting Tosun in that? A player who the club don't want, doesn't want to be here and is on a huge wage? Sounds familiar... (is he even in the PL squad, btw?)

I know it wouldn't be a choice between James and Rondon at striker. It just shows the complete lack of options we have. It's the same across the pitch.

On that second part, well it's on the medical team, and always has been. They're crap and need ripping up.

I am counting him yes, because I'm not aware of any clubs who sign players recovering from a cruciate! Of course he would have left without the injury, but it's impossible to sell players with a serious injury on high wages. Even I wouldn't pin blame on the club or the DOF for that one. He's here until January then he will leave (unless he gets injured again of course....)

We have serious injury and availability issues. James has been part of that over the last 9 months. We need players who are fit and healthy, and need to find out why we get so many injuries. I find it hard to believe it's just all bad luck.

and what type of effect do you think that has on the other players if you keep someone from playing.

How is he being kept from playing?

I'm quite sure that if a player fits the managers system, shows the right attitude and is fit they get a place in the squad.

That's how it should be, and it hopefully motivates those NOT in the squad.

I'm sorry, but you're coming at this from the wrong angle.

How does this happen?

I know mad innit , be like saying a manager that went there or the equivalent say ‘China ‘ wasn’t greedy , past his best or phoning it from semi retirement. I’ll laugh my head off if someone tries to explain James move as ‘part of a project ‘.

If his desire was to play football and get back into the national side then he has picked the worst possible way to do this.
I am sure there would have been plenty of clubs who would have signed him if the wages were affordable. He could be playing and be seen in a European league at the moment instead of going (possibly) to Qatar which is the graveyard for footballers. He will be well paid I am sure but I doubt money is in short supply for him.

It seems to me he has put money before career.
Playing as Qatar's poster boy ahead of the first ever WC in the middle east is not going to just be overlooked.

But the reports are he's not that keen and is having to be convinced.

I'm not sorry I'm made up. Sick of our club being drained of money by players who dont care.

Schneiderlein, Gylfi, Delph, mirallas, tosun, niasse, James, Bernard.......... Still a couple more to go I think but we are getting there.
But rondon on his what 100k, I saw 130k mentioned yesterday is fine? Right cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.