2021/22 James Rodriguez

Status
Not open for further replies.
The mad thing is fans saw last season even at the start when we were winning games playing good football that we were cut through like butter with James in midfield or out wide (hence why Carlo went with the flat back 4 of CB's) and were conceding around 2 a game yet they question why Benitez doesn't see him fitting the system.

I mean you've just made that up mate.

For one, we've conceded the same amount of goals over our first 5 league games this season as we did last season.

We've conceded seven so far, if my maths is correct, which is the same as we did over the opening five last season, if I'm remembering correctly. So that would suggest we aren't actually any more or less open, or, we're less open from open play, but from set-pieces and crosses into the box we are absolutely garbage? (which, we are)

Two, we didn't go with flat back four because of James being in midfield. We went with that because Coleman and Digne both got injured.

I dont think there is much personal animosity between James and the manager mate I think the club are pushing his exit far more than the manager is.

But I think a lot of managers have that way where if they dont like a type of player they wont entertain them - Zidane was the same with James, Mourinho and SAF were notorious for it and even our Moyes once he didnt like someone (Van Der Meyde, Drenthe) good luck getting any opportunity at the club.

I dont think James is bothered where he ends up tbh he has no connection to this club or fanbase and I think he'll happily leave if the right off€r comes along in which the club will happily accept whilst I dont think the manager will be too bothered.
Let's be honest, none of us have much idea with what's going on with James. The club has released so much contradictory information since he first joined who knows what to believe. I guess you can only go by your own instincts.

Let's be honest, none of us have much idea with what's going on with James. The club has released so much contradictory information since he first joined who knows what to believe. I guess you can only go by your own instincts.

I think Forever has a point here. It's the club for me. But, Benitez isn't exactly James' biggest fan and vice versa. So it's an easy break.

However, we're doing it at a time that just shows we're absolutely desperate financially and people are just shrugging it off.

Not good enough. We're run by complete amateurs.

Just wants minutes so heads to Qatar. Makes totals sense, that well worn path for players trying to get their careers back on track.
What does make sense is it being a state backed signing with James set to become the poster boy for the upcoming World Cup there. Instant access to tens of millions of followers on his socials. Makes perfect sense.

I mean you've just made that up mate.

For one, we've conceded the same amount of goals over our first 5 league games this season as we did last season.

We've conceded seven so far, if my maths is correct, which is the same as we did over the opening five last season, if I'm remembering correctly. So that would suggest we aren't actually any more or less open, or, we're less open from open play, but from set-pieces and crosses into the box we are absolutely garbage? (which, we are)

Two, we didn't go with flat back four because of James being in midfield. We went with that because Coleman and Digne both got injured.

Come on mate we were cut through like butter last season - West Brom put 2 past us and were all over us until they went a man down, Brighton hammered us 2nd half and could have put more than 2 past us. Liverpool put 2 but should have scored 3, Southampton only won 2-0 but absolutely destroyed us with Ward Prowse having about 5 brilliant chances.

This season we've conceeded 7 goals in 5 games HOWEVER 3 of those goals have been direct unforced errors by 2x defenders (Keane against Saints/Leeds & Dignes OG at Villa). Those goals had nothing to do with the system - we've looked relatively comfortable at the back all season and never really felt like we were being put under the cosh even if we have had spells where we haven't played well.

4 conceeded goals in 5 games is decent.

Why is it a 'shambles' because we have a couple of important players injured? Thats what happens in football. Is Spurs having a couple of injuries 'a shambles'...is the RS having a couple of injuries 'a shambles? Forget the other two, one won't be picked and the other can't be picked. We can still put out a team to beat QPR.
QPRs second string will beat us. Just saying

I don't agree with the people saying they're glad to see him gone. I think he was class for us in some games especially early doors and in that Derby win, his fitness wasn't great but how many players does that apply to in our squad?! I hold no ill will towards him, and it was a case of the club forcing him to leave because benitez didn't want him and the board needed his wage of the books. So good luck to the lad (not that he'll need it in that leauge).

I think Forever has a point here. It's the club for me. But, Benitez isn't exactly James' biggest fan and vice versa. So it's an easy break.

However, we're doing it at a time that just shows we're absolutely desperate financially and people are just shrugging it off.

Not good enough. We're run by complete amateurs.

But the problem is that we can't go back and fix previous mistakes. If we are (as it appears) having financial problems then we have to deal with it, and deal with it right now. We can't just put it off longer, or keep saying it's not good enough. It isn't good enough, but we can only fix the future. Saving 100k a week or whatever is not going to magically make all our problems disappear, but it's certainly going to help.

Come on mate we were cut through like butter last season - West Brom put 2 past us and were all over us until they went a man down, Brighton hammered us 2nd half and could have put more than 2 past us. Liverpool put 2 but should have scored 3, Southampton only won 2-0 but absolutely destroyed us with Ward Prowse having about 5 brilliant chances.

This season we've conceeded 7 goals in 5 games HOWEVER 3 of those goals have been direct unforced errors by 2x defenders (Keane against Saints/Leeds & Dignes OG at Villa). Those goals had nothing to do with the system - we've looked relatively comfortable at the back all season and never really felt like we were being put under the cosh even if we have had spells where we haven't played well.

4 conceeded goals in 5 games is decent.
And one of those was down to Allan losing possession high upfield was it not, and the other was a free-kick which came from our left side?

Southampton, James played crocked, should never have played, and they taregtted Godfrey. After that, we played 4-3-3 on one more occasion and that was the home game v Man Utd.

You said that the reason CA went to flat four of CBs was because of James. It wasn't. James wasn't even in the side as he was injured. Coleman and Digne were out too and so we had to use all four CBs.

The goals we conceded in the first 5 games of last season were as follows
- West Brom (1 x fk, 1 x Allan giving possession away and Mina not closing down - nothing to do with the system)
- Palace (1 x set-piece)
- Brighton (1 x Pickford cock up, 1 x Bissouma stunner after James had gone off)
- Liverpool (1 x Mane/Robertson attacking Coleman (the first example of a team actually exposing James, who provided an assist and a key pass for the 2nd goal in that game btw, and then 1 x defensive mistake from Mina clearing straight to Salah)

So of those seven goals there, literally one came as a result of 'the system/James'. So just as many as have come from our system, whatever that system is, so far this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.