2021/22 James Rodriguez

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's the thing, he hasn't been and won't be replaced for another 3 months. Townsend and Gray were needed as we were short last season width and got Walcott and Bolasie off the books. But we haven't replaced James, nor have we replaced Gylfi.

We are massively short all over the pitch. We can't field a balanced side and we have literally no depth/cover to change things up when required.
None of this matters whenever it’s all about running up sand dunes.

funny the interview with Benitez for tonight's game. As he talks about the lads training it must have been recorded yesterday. They ask him about any players returning and he said no James/Gbamin as they had injuries. While James jetted off on Sunday lol

Oh okay, I’ll rephrase.

He’s taking the piss now, and he was taking the piss a month ago also.
Why's he taking the p*** now?

If he's moving to Qatar, why would he be playing for us?

He was at FF on Saturday training on his own and then the move looks like it got agreed (between the clubs) over the weekend.

So like in that Brighton game when a move was on with Porto, he wouldn't be playing anyway.

Insult me all you want buddy, you’ll realise one day I was right (I always am) and you were wrong and providing I’m still here my DMs are always open for your apology x
Actually, I think your comment was foolish as well. Whats this nonsense about 'holding Everton back?. Lets have your brilliant plan to move Everton forward from our current top six position?

No chance. We couldn't even fill the bench at Villa. It's personal for Rafael.

I don't think it massively is tbh. I think it's personal to the extent he doesn't rate him (for some bizarre reason but whatever) and so isn't wanting to use him as a key player.

Everton desperately need his wages off the books and James clearly would rather not be somewhere where he's down the pecking order. While I appreciate and agree with people who say he needs to fight for his place like everyone else and nobody should be guaranteed a start, I also think it's very funny that we're saying JR isn't good enough to warrant a place over, erm, Iwobi...

Anyway, the main thing is the club needing his wages clear. So they've been open to any offer to ship him out (including after we couldn't replace him). It's not exactly like we're showing James any sign we want him to stay because we don't. Because this is Everton, and we like to make ourselves look pathetic when we try to do something big, and make out like it was the worst thing in the world, when actually it went well and could have gone much better had the manager at the time and the DoF not planned on an injury prone 29-year-old to be our creative fulcrum for an entire, congested, pandemic-hit season.

Status
Not open for further replies.