2021/22 James Rodriguez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there any news? What's the likley scenario here? He's a £50 million player.
He was never a £50 million player, we got proper had off by Swansea for the absolute fraud.

It's an absolute blessing that Benitez hasn't got the crab polluting the squad and can't select him, as we all know he'd be training like a monster, trick the manager into picking him and then turn into an invisible mouse on matchday.

I despise that he's our record signing and I hope we never see him in royal blue again.

Apologies for ruining the James thread by talking about the useless slug.

I find it baffling Benitez cant find a means to incorporate james in some facet. I know his playing profile doesn't fully mesh with the pacey counter attacking style that Benitez wants to incorporate. But if Gomez can play a role in Benetiz's system who is even more immobile than James then there has to a place for James too. Unless james not being selected is due to pure pettiness.

I find it baffling Benitez cant find a means to incorporate james in some facet. I know his playing profile doesn't fully mesh with the pacey counter attacking style that Benitez wants to incorporate. But if Gomez can play a role in Benetiz's system who is even more immobile than James then there has to a place for James too. Unless james not being selected is due to pure pettiness.
But maybe James won't accept being a bit part player whose place is on the bench?
Benitez dosent have to incorporate James, he has to get results, if he finds it easy to.play a system that dosent suit James but wins then it's all good.
If James dosent like it he has the January window to look forward to.

Gray, Townsend and Doc are far more important to.us.

But maybe James won't accept being a bit part player whose place is on the bench?
Benitez dosent have to incorporate James, he has to get results, if he finds it easy to.play a system that dosent suit James but wins then it's all good.

"[Why don't I play] is a good question and I would also like to know," he said. "When you win important titles with players you have trusted and when you have the core, it is difficult to change.

"Also, it is complicated when your coach does not give you minutes permanently, it becomes difficult. It is complex to show your abilities in a few minutes, you cannot do everything you know.

"Those who are in the world of football know what I am talking about. A lot of things are said about me and almost all are lies.

"What bothers me most is that my professionalism is doubted. I do not accept that.

"I am very professional, that is why I have gotten to where I am. People who are next to me and have worked with me know what I am talking about.

"I take care of myself like no one else. I train a lot in my day-to-day life. I always want to improve."

"There was never any problem [with the coach]. Every coach has their tastes. We have a normal working relationship."

"I don't have a central role, but I am training and working for when it is my turn, so I can do well. I am also thinking about the future, that wherever I am I have to perform at my highest level.

Think he will play him eventually, 1) I think Benitez wants to demonstrate he’s in charge, 2) it’s a case of horses for courses, I dont think we would have got back into the game v Burnley with James playing for example.
actually think he might get a game v United and it’s almost win win regardless of the result for Benitez. I personally except to lose against them (unfortunately), but if he plays James and we lose it ‘proves’ he’s right to leave him out, if on the other hand James plays as well as he can and we draw or even win, Benitez looks like he’s pulled a master stroke by holding him back to give him a point to prove

Think he will play him eventually, 1) I think Benitez wants to demonstrate he’s in charge, 2) it’s a case of horses for courses, I dont think we would have got back into the game v Burnley with James playing for example.
actually think he might get a game v United and it’s almost win win regardless of the result for Benitez. I personally except to lose against them (unfortunately), but if he plays James and we lose it ‘proves’ he’s right to leave him out, if on the other hand James plays as well as he can and we draw or even win, Benitez looks like he’s pulled a master stroke by holding him back to give him a point to prove
Ballbag Benny couldn't masterstroke his cat.

I'm sure James dosent agree with any of that

Status
Not open for further replies.