2021/22 James Rodriguez

Status
Not open for further replies.
I find it baffling Benitez cant find a means to incorporate james in some facet. I know his playing profile doesn't fully mesh with the pacey counter attacking style that Benitez wants to incorporate. But if Gomez can play a role in Benetiz's system who is even more immobile than James then there has to a place for James too. Unless james not being selected is due to pure pettiness.

I like them both as they are balrz. That is incorrect.

I love the assumptions by those backing benitez that he doesn't want to be here and is refusing to play etc.

If he was refusing to play, he would get fined, the same way players who refuse to train get fined etc.

The actual evidence that has been seen is that he is training with the squad. If he was refusing to play, he would get fined and you just know the media would be getting briefed to say he has been fined so that it strengthens benitez.

Off the actual evidence, the assumption that benitez is just refusing to pick him is the one that is overwhelmingly more likely than that he is refusing to play.

He's not being picked because the manager wants him to work harder in training whilst steering clear of social media. If he gets his head down, he'll get a chance - lets leave it to those who know better

I find it baffling Benitez cant find a means to incorporate james in some facet. I know his playing profile doesn't fully mesh with the pacey counter attacking style that Benitez wants to incorporate. But if Gomez can play a role in Benetiz's system who is even more immobile than James then there has to a place for James too. Unless james not being selected is due to pure pettiness.
He doesn't work hard enough to be in a Rafael side, his sides are always rigid in shape, methodical and efficient.

That's why he isn't playing any part, James would just kill the whole system.

He doesn't work hard enough to be in a Rafael side, his sides are always rigid in shape, methodical and efficient.

That's why he isn't playing any part, James would just kill the whole system.
It is funny that you should say that mate as when I said to the fella sat next to me that the first half v Burnley "was very watchable," he said we had "a rigid in shape, had been methodical and efficient."

Spot on, Messy. It was when he was playing through that injury that he and we were not as creative and dangerous - same when he was out.

and the front players ran out of ideas. I really hope Rafael Benitez is motivated to include James, because judging by his interest in coaching individuals and tactics, it will be nice to see how he links James and the forwards

I love the assumptions by those backing benitez that he doesn't want to be here and is refusing to play etc.

If he was refusing to play, he would get fined, the same way players who refuse to train get fined etc.

The actual evidence that has been seen is that he is training with the squad. If he was refusing to play, he would get fined and you just know the media would be getting briefed to say he has been fined so that it strengthens benitez.

Off the actual evidence, the assumption that benitez is just refusing to pick him is the one that is overwhelmingly more likely than that he is refusing to play.
I have not seen a suggestion that he is refusing to play but I firmly believe that he will leave at the first viable opportunity.

What I don't understand is the suggestion that Benitez won't play him because of some petty reason.
Every manager wants to put out the best team at his disposal and to win every match.
A manager refusing to pick a player for non football reasons makes no sense to me.

Benitez feels that his team is better or better balanced or more hard working or more effective without JR and that is a footballing decision.
The manager sees his players every day in training and picks his team from there.

I find it more peculiar that in spite of Everton wanting the player to leave and James clearly wanting to leave that no club could be found to take him.

Status
Not open for further replies.